Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do's and Don'ts in Fashion

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
GlamourDoll said:
Hello! I Dont Need To See Boy Package Everywhere I Look! nor do I need to see their underwear! LOL

lol I agree! Some things just shouldn't be put on public display.

I'm into slim jeans, the kind Marilyn Monroe was photographed in. Skinny jeans aren't very forgiving.

KateSpenser

New in Town
cecil said:
This is me! Have you tried Cheap Monday jeans? They sit sortof inbetween low-rise and high waisted. I've worn them for years. They don't look like '80s jeans but you don't constantly feel like you need to pull the things up. I love them!

Where do you buy Cheap Monday Jeans? They look super cute. :)

Lillemor

One Too Many
I've got loose fitting bootleg jeans I bought a few seasons ago for chores. For "nice" casual wear I prefer something in between skinny and regular fit but with a regular waist and they actually fit in length which is really surprising. For a short while Ellos had them but I don't know what I'll do when I wear them out. I've never been a jeans person and I never owned any before I was 12 but there are times when I think it's too cold or impractical for anything else.

I thought those low hanging jeans were a thing of the 90s until I went looking for jeans for my boys and nearly all of them had the worn effect (which is the last thing little boys who play around need before they've even worn them) and/or the faux underpants top hanging over the low waistline. Why do little boys need that?![huh]

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Lillemor said:
I thought those low hanging jeans were a thing of the 90s until I went looking for jeans for my boys and nearly all of them had the worn effect (which is the last thing little boys who play around need before they've even worn them) and/or the faux underpants top hanging over the low waistline. Why do little boys need that?![huh]

Faux underpants for little boys?!?!?! What the heck has this world come to?! Why would a little boy need to look like that?! I'm going to write the clothing companies a very strong letter...

cecil

A-List Customer
KateSpenser said:
Where do you buy Cheap Monday Jeans? They look super cute. :)

They are! I'm in Australia so the stores I buy them from wouldn't be of much use to you, but I know that a chain store named Urban Outfitters stocks them in the USA. :)

KateSpenser

New in Town
*martini*time* said:
Faux underpants for little boys?!?!?! What the heck has this world come to?! Why would a little boy need to look like that?! I'm going to write the clothing companies a very strong letter...

I saw a girl with her boyfriend today and she had boxers hanging out of her gym shorts. It was an odd sight.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
KateSpenser said:
I saw a girl with her boyfriend today and she had boxers hanging out of her gym shorts. It was an odd sight.
i was staying at a hotel in New York and i saw a girl walking around the hotel barefoot with a white tank (no bra :eek: ) and with boxers sticking out of her pajama pants. I thought to myself "why would you wear in essence 2 pairs of underpants? panties, boxers then pj pants?" i don't wear pants to bed (i feel like i'm being strangled in the legs) but i would never wear boxers AND panties...just choose one ladies!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
*martini*time* said:
...i would never wear boxers AND panties...just choose one ladies!

Isn't that kind of like wearing contact lenses and glasses? They are so different, and one effectively makes the other redundant.

Showing off your underwear, especially on purpose, is a classic all-time hall of famer DON'T.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
:eek:fftopic: slightly on the topic of showing undergarments. I bought those strap perfect things designed to make any bra a t-back to avoid showing your straps. They are great. I find them more comfortable then wearing a traditional convertable bra because you can adjust where you want them to actually "cross" (and they really do add a virtural cupsize ;) )

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Oh, yeah! T-straps are great! All my bras have built in hook thingies in case you want to switch it up.

Sometimes, in a dressy moment, it can be sexy to flash the tops or straps of a lacy bra. But its the same as a glimpse of a garter while dancing vs. a visible thong strap. IMHO, sexy is a brief sighting, or a hint - trashy is displaying the goods.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
C-dot said:
Isn't that kind of like wearing contact lenses and glasses? They are so different, and one effectively makes the other redundant.
Ouch. I have myopia plus astigmatism. This is best corrected with contact lenses. However, with my *ahem* :eusa_doh: advancing age , I need reading glasses...so, contact lenses plus glasses is a daily must [huh] . You may say bifocals, but with the level of my myopia, glass lenses get way too thick and the astigmatism can't be completely corrected either, so it's at the point where sight correction is only so good when relying on glasses, and if one wants better, then contacts it must be.:rolleyes: Bifocal contacts aren't that good either, when one needs good sight correction, they only go so far.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
C-dot said:
Oh, yeah! T-straps are great! All my bras have built in hook thingies in case you want to switch it up.

Sometimes, in a dressy moment, it can be sexy to flash the tops or straps of a lacy bra. But its the same as a glimpse of a garter while dancing vs. a visible thong strap. IMHO, sexy is a brief sighting, or a hint - trashy is displaying the goods.

WORD! A hint of lace is sexy. makes them want more.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
A hint of lace, a brief glance of stocking top are intriguing in the sense that the viewer is getting a glimpse of something not normally seen. It entices and stimulates the imagination.
All that mystique vanishes when what should be rarely seen is on daily display. Just like the nude girlfriend episode of Seinfeld - too much exposure ruins it completely.
Tramp stamps, thong strings, muffin tops, exposed bellies, etc. have done nothing but help commonize and destroy the feminine mystique. :(

Having said that though, put a typical skankily-dressed woman next to one wearing well-tailored vintage, done up with stockings and all the rest, and just see which one will capture most men's attention.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
ThesFlishThngs said:
A hint of lace, a brief glance of stocking top are intriguing in the sense that the viewer is getting a glimpse of something not normally seen. It entices and stimulates the imagination.
All that mystique vanishes when what should be rarely seen is on daily display. Just like the nude girlfriend episode of Seinfeld - too much exposure ruins it completely.
Tramp stamps, thong strings, muffin tops, exposed bellies, etc. have done nothing but help commonize and destroy the feminine mystique. :(

Having said that though, put a typical skankily-dressed woman next to one wearing well-tailored vintage, done up with stockings and all the rest, and just see which one will capture most men's attention.

Yes! I have never been one to show off my body in scantily clad outfits. I think it goes back to when I was in junior high and i just got my bellybutton pierced and wanted to show it off. I wore a shirt that exposed my then skinny midsection. My mom caught me and i got in a whole heap a' trouble. Well, now-a-days, when i go to a bar or go out with my friends, i'm the one who wears the respectible clothes, or the dress, or the skirt to the knees. And let me tell you, i've NEVER had an issue picking up a gentleman, and i do say gentleman. My other friends like to show off their goods thinking that they're bodies are all they have to offer. It makes me sad :( men like the chase, if you give it all away up front, they lose interest and move on. It's simply that. (i spend 2 years with ONLY boyfriends working on cars in a garage, i've pretty much figured out men. :D )

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
LaMedicine said:
Ouch. I have myopia plus astigmatism. This is best corrected with contact lenses. However, with my *ahem* :eusa_doh: advancing age , I need reading glasses...so, contact lenses plus glasses is a daily must [huh] .

Oh dear :eek: I did not mean to offend. There are always special exceptions to every rule. I have never worn either, so what do I know?

*martini*time*, I want you to be my sister.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LaMedicine said:
Ouch. I have myopia plus astigmatism. This is best corrected with contact lenses. However, with my *ahem* :eusa_doh: advancing age , I need reading glasses...so, contact lenses plus glasses is a daily must [huh] . You may say bifocals, but with the level of my myopia, glass lenses get way too thick and the astigmatism can't be completely corrected either, so it's at the point where sight correction is only so good when relying on glasses, and if one wants better, then contacts it must be.:rolleyes: Bifocal contacts aren't that good either, when one needs good sight correction, they only go so far.

You and I both!

With contacts, i can see everything from 6 inches from the face out, but not in (so add reading glasses for close up work, etc).

Without either, can ONLY see in the 6 inches from face out.

Without contacts, with glasses, can see everything in a bright light. Once it's dim, forget the arm's length range.

So now, when I take out my contacts for the night, if I want to read in bed, I have to use reading glasses on top of my regular glasses to get the rightmagnification. I guess it's time for bi-focals!

But, wandering hotel hallways in an undershirt and three pairs of panties. boxers.pj pants - none of this is acceptable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24