Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double Breasted Leather Jackets

alexeberlin

New in Town
I've had a double breasted very dark brown leather reefer jacket that I use as a winter coat for years. It is very heavy leather, was second hand when I bought it, and I've had several compliments over the years. Now that it looks "worn" it looks better IMO

robrinay

One Too Many
I've only just spotted this thread, having started another trying to ID a recent buy. I've just bought a vintage mouton collared double breasted black leather 3/4 length coat but the style police (my wife) hates it. I've taken a few shots but none with me wearing it.
http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/robrinay/library/unknown Barnstormer

The unusual thing about it is that it will button up either way - male or female sides but only has a simple label with a 2 on it.

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jback -- I remember when you got that jacket. The brown really ages nicely and just gets better and better-looking. That looks great on you.

Peacoat

Bartender
I'd like some opinions on double breasted leather jackets. What about them? Anything really. How they look. How easy or difficult to wear. Wearing them open. Who looks good in them and who looks bad. Anything else that you might think of.

Personally, I am a short guy and have been contemplating the Schott 650 for well over a year. I wonder first, about wearing it open if the mood strikes me and second, about someone my height wearing one.

If you get a double breasted leather jacket, or a double breasted anything, please don't wear it open. There is just too much of it to not button. My comment is based on open peacoats, but the style is the same.

zebedee

One Too Many
Worn a size down, battered to all hell and in brown, I can see it working. They've always been voluminous on me, and I think the impulse-buy pain gets bad if you suddenly realise that a d-b'd jacket is too huge-looking. Best to try one on and think carefully...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner