Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dress shirts ... just dress shirts

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I always prefer the sleave a little longer than needed.

Some companies measure from the middle of the shoulder blades to the bent arm at the side, I prefer a measurement that goes from the mid shoulders to the bent arm crossing in front of your body.

Gives you more room foir shooting and dancing.
dressshirtsleevefigure-vi.jpg

73lebesterb-vi.jpg

18454081-vi.jpg

movrf3-vi.gif

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
While I've tried virtually every collar style over the years, this is by far my favorite and is on nearly all of my dress shirts.

Shoes288.jpg

jacquieblues

New in Town
long point collar shirts like in goodfella's

Anyone know where I can purchase these?
Struck out at zoot suit store in san fran.

thanks if anyone knows I would really appreciate it.

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I have to wear a shirt and tie five days a week. I prefer the Brooks Brothers Button-Down/Oxford Collared long sleeved, slim fit shirts.

I don't like dealing with finding the correct collar tabs and having to insert them then remove them before and after each wearing.

- Ian

sproily

Practically Family
Has anyone seen those rounded collared shirts on ebay? Please PM me if you know..

And 30's spearpoints? I've been looking for them on ebay.. no luck!! :mad:

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Slicksuit said:
BT, have you ordered collars and tunics from the UK? It seems expensive, but do you find the quality worth it in the long run? How about the turnaround? One quote I received stated up to 45 days to receive my order from England!

My tailor Mr. Daswani makes them for not much above 35 U.S. dollars, there's a little wait, but its the cheapest price around as far as I know. Another benefit of this, is that you can have them made in whatever style you wish and they will fit your shirt perfectly, and the shirt itself will fit like a glove if that's what you want. He really does exceptional work and the craftsmanship is superb and immaculate! I have a link to his site on the detachable collars forum, and he's going to be on his U.S. Roadshow visiting many major cities throughout the United States in November so if you're interested; reserve an appointment now. Cheers then!

habberdasher

A-List Customer
BellyTank said:
I like the '30s/'40s pointed, more closed collars but without the interlining and stiffeners common in today's dress shirts. 'Floppy ones' if you will. Flapping around in the breeze. Todays 'stiff' attached collars are no match for the old floppies. Modern collars also often lack the pronounced back curve, which when buttoned, follows the curve from the Gentleman's shoulder, over the collar bone and toward the chest. When unbuttoned, the collar with the back-curve just looks great too.
Also they work better with collar pins. Stiff ones don't cooperate with them, they just stay stationary and can pop it away. The floppy ones look good because they curve like a tab collar. But stiff ones are best without a pin-too bad detachables don't work that well with pins for they are stiff.

habberdasher

A-List Customer
http://www.us.thomaspink.com/fcp/product/-/Shirts/Blue-Slim-Fit-Lucas-Winchester-Men's-Shirt---Button-Cuff-with-Penny-Collar/99911117

Club collared shirt I found-Pink too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou