Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dressing the Sportswoman

Story

I'll Lock Up
WH1 said:
Yeah but it is tough to find purple long underwear and patent leather boots not to mention the radial engine biplane for accessories.

Try TARGET, they have everything!

Mike K.

One Too Many
Good day MissQueenie,

Mojave Jack said:
You might re-watch things like Out of Africa or The English Patient for some inspiration, too.
I concur with Mojave. I'd also add some other movies like King Solomon's Mines (the original) and Mogambo. If you can acquire the book "Safari: A Chronicle of Adventure" you'll find quite a number of period photos of the outdoorswoman in action - Karen Blixen, Kathleen Seth-Smith, Osa Johnson, Beryl Markham, etc.
Best of luck...I look forward to seeing the finished outfit.
byv1061630.jpg
m198512570416.jpg

Story

I'll Lock Up
KAREN BLIXEN - Out of This World
Documentary Sidebar

Director: Anna von Lowzow, Marcus Mandal
Denmark North Carolina Premiere
59 min

with Meryl Streep

This film documents the incredible life of Danish author Karen Blixen (aka Isak Dinesen), whose story is as dramatic as her own fantastic tales. The film profiles an extraordinary woman, an unstoppable female, a vain eccentric whose life was characterized by great ups as well as great downs. Karen Blixen conquers artistically, but loses in love; she never has any children, lives in financial turmoil, and suffers from depressions. Family and friends are interviewed and Karen Blixen herself contributes through old television footage. Meryl Streep, who portrayed Blixen in the Academy Award-winning film OUT OF AFRICA is also featured in extensive interview footage.

www.nordiskfilm.com

http://www.riverrunfilm.com/schedule_2006.asp?cat=8&rs=12

Karen-Blixen-small.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24