Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Duke of Windsor - at it again! Duke of Windsor plotted to regain throne

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Those don't look half bad. The price is a bit of a puzzler. If I remember correctly you can get Alden cordovan penny loafers in that price range. I have a couple of pair of Peal and Co. (which I assume is nothing more than a Brooks Brothers house brand) monk straps and I think that's the label on my patent leather shoes. They're OK but certainly nothing spectacular.

My feet are a more or less normal size, so I will check them out soon.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Richard Warren said:
The price is a bit of a puzzler. If I remember correctly you can get Alden cordovan penny loafers in that price range.
Yes, and you can get these J.M. Weston for twice the price. Your point?

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
Yes, and you can get these J.M. Weston for twice the price. Your point?

My point (such as it was) as to the price of the shoe in question was pretty clear. See my prior post, or to save you the trouble, I will quote myself:

"The price is a bit of a puzzler."

To rephrase in a more active voice (which they say engages the attention more fully, thus fostering better comprehension and retention), "the price puzzles me."

The best literary expression of the sentiment can perhaps best be found in Conrad, in Kurtz's dying words, memorably given cinematic voice by Brando under the tutelage of Coppola (did you ever consider that Apocalypse Now should rightly be considered the fourth entry in the "Godfather" quartet?).

Or, to put it another way, "Point? I don't need no stinking point."

Richard Warren

Practically Family
This thread piqued my interest and stirred me to call Allen Edmonds, where a nice lady named Melissa told me that they would be happy to make me a pair of two toned penny loafers for a reasonable surcharge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy