Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Early DST

Cacklewack

One of the Regulars
It is nice to have sunlight, but the hassle I endured due to the change (I work at a radio station) might not have been worth it! All is well now, thankfully. Hopefully they'll leave it like this for a while.

Matt

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'm exhausted. Combine an all weekend curling tournament with close to an all nighter doing an english essay with daylight saving times, and you get me, falling asleep everywhere I go.

I must say though- the whole having daylight at this hour thing is pretty cool.

rockyj

One of the Regulars
DST IS NICE!

We are in that swing of the pendulum into 24 hours of daylight here in the far north (Actually, almost 22 her in Fairbanks) so the early sunlight helps. Now if we can just get rid of this d@#n cold weather (-36 this a.m):rage:

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
BegintheBeguine said:
Kool & the Gang? I wish it were DST all year around!! I'm a nightowl and I like it light at night. France, no surprise, wanted to have Standard Time all of the time. Ugh. Dark and dreary.
Night just doesn't feel like night if it ain't dark.
I think I'll move to France, it's closer to Transylvania, where my great uncle Bob Nosferatu was from. :)

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
What extra hour? It's still dark by the time I get home, and it means I have to get up and drive to work in the dark again.

*grumble*

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We're about to lose ours

and get plunged into early darkness again in the next week or two. :(
Bummer! Autumn has arrived - but at least it's a respite from the summer
heat and I can look forward to wearing some suits and felt fedoras again.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Benny Holiday said:
and get plunged into early darkness again in the next week or two. :(
Bummer! Autumn has arrived - but at least it's a respite from the summer
heat and I can look forward to wearing some suits and felt fedoras again.
That's the solution for me! I'll move to the southern hemisphere in,...uhh spring. Then I'll move back to the northern in spring. :D

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Senator Jack said:
I had a real headache with clients and the time change, but I am totally digging this extra hour, dudes.

I couldnt get my vcr to auto adjust, so I had to go in manually.
I assume in a couple weeks it will adjust itself incorrectly.

But I dont mind an extra hour of evening sun.

Incidentally, arent some states not partaking in this?

Willi_Goat

One of the Regulars
I was working, which always seems to happen on change weekend, so I could not make up that hour of sleep I lost. I think the time change should be done away with. I do not really care which one, since it really does not serve the purpose it did at one time. At least that is my humble opinion.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Maj.Nick Danger said:
I think I'll move to France, it's closer to Transylvania, where my great uncle Bob Nosferatu was from.

:eek:fftopic: Wow, how can you say that? :p because it's closer to Transylvania? :eek: lol
Never mind that, move because it's so darn beautiful!!!!! ;)

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm an insomniac; I lose MANY hours of sleep EVERY night

Whoa, people! I'm not sure if France did enact that no-time-change rule. I guess I could look it up. Now, how about us Americans getting an act for NO more time change AND to keep it DST? Naw, it would probably backfire, and cause much bickering in the Lounge.

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
BST started in the UK and Eire today, and it was a really nice day here in Leeds. The extra hours daylight made it feel like a summer evening even though the 52 degrees did'nt.

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
:eek: it took me a moment to figure out what you were talking about, DST has always been short for double sided tape here (too much scrapbooking I'm afraid hee hee) Well I still havent adjusted to the time shift, I probably will just before it changes again lol its such a pain I think!

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
It's the changing the times on all the electrical appliances that becomes a chore, then the digital watches, when you have to find the operating manual in 10 languages, to work out how to do it. Much easier with the old wind up watches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran