Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Easing up on Cinco de Mayo with a few Grand Mayan XA doubles neat at a fav cantina under a fav Stetson OR RD. Have a good one!

IMG_0299.jpeg

IMG_0300.jpeg

IMG_0297.jpeg

IMG_0298.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am enjoying a Summit Keller Pils tonight. This pilsner is brewed in a copper pot. It’s made with a heritage barley, Barke, grown and malted in Germany. The yeast strain is from a Munich brewery, and the German hops are Tettnang and Huell Melon. It’s also made in a way Pilsen residents from 1842 might recognize—namely, it’s unpasteurized and naturally carbonated with captured CO2 from the fermentation, allowing various subtle flavors and aromas to be preserved.

i-jssd8bz-M.jpg

I find this beer refreshing. The taste is bright, light fruity(honeydew and lemon) and a slight bit of hop. I will definately consider picking this up for my beer fridge.

Cheers, Eric -

Last wk I picked up a Stetson 10X Shantung OR to compliment the hemp OR I have had for several summers. I’m really liking its overall stance & dimensions. The color is Toast, only available in the 10X I think, & not the 6X. Not as white as the bleached straw.

IMG_0309.jpeg

On a recent liquor run I included a bottle of Irish Liqueur for my morning coffee or to occasionally enjoy OTR. Included was a bartender’s cocktail book. One cocktail I’m anxious to try is called an Irish Cow Spot, like a Boilermaker but with a 1/2 pint of British or Irish Imperial Stout & a 2 oz shot of Irish Liqueur dropped in. I need to pick up some Sammy Smith’s Imperial Stout which I don’t normally keep this time of yr.

IMG_5863.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The Internet can not lie. ;)

"Guinness may improve heart health. The darker the beer, the more anti-clotting activity, researchers found. However, experts warn that even though drinking dark beer may have heart-healthy properties, the extra calories could negate any benefit as excess weight is also a risk factor for heart disease."

i-26ZJqvH-M.jpg

Right! It does not matter as tonight the Guinness beer hits the spot.

i-F76Rg6b-M.jpg

:cool: Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Jack; Congrats on the Irish Creme tonight. Your post reminded me that we have in our cupboard an unopened bottle of Baileys that is > 8 years old and a >3 year old opened bottle of Kahlua and I am disposing of both this evening.

As to the beers: I have only sipped a Rainer beer. The were popular before my legal drinking age and the adults around me drank local beers (Wisconsin and Minnesota). I recognize those cans and ads/commercials.

National Bohemian - nope
Schaefer - nope
Falls City - nope
Stroh-nope
Piels-nope
Gunther-nope
Carling-nope
Iron City - nope
Olympia-nope
Rainer - yes on a trip to Mt.Rainer.

As a kid I do remember Hams The Beer Refreshing commercials being played as my father watched football. This is the beer that I recall and to this day I can sing the jingle.

Eric -

^^^ My list would go something like this:

Falstaff
Schlitz
Hamms
National Bohemian (Natty Bo)
Strohs
Iron City
Olympia
Rainer

My dad & his dad would always drink Falstaff, Schlitz or Hamms together. That’s just about the only time my dad would drink a beer was with his dad; maybe after a long day’s work or something like that.

After we moved to the city we had a neighbor who worked for a wholesaler. At various times he would give my dad different barware & promotional items. I remember a Hamms wall clock & a Hamms tabletop lamp with revolving lampshade that were in our basement.

In the structural steel construction business when the last steel beam on a new high rise building has been set & the job is complete, if no man has been injured or worse the steel fabricator has what’s called a Topping Out Party. Regardless the season or time of yr a fully decorated Christmas tree will be left on the top floor on the highest steel beam for a few days in celebration. Then the local Ironworkers Union will leave a can of Iron City Beer under the tree in honor of their members, the job they do & everyone’s safe return home. That’s local tradition in several states I know of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters