• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Alive'n'Amplified, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Okay, so mikespens gave me an idea for this thread. It's a "match your hat with your drink" thread. In other words, match a dark brown fedora to a Guinness or a silverbelly 7XCB to a vodka martini. Get it? And it doesn't have to be a felt color; it can be a ribbon or even an edge binding. But something needs to match the color. Maybe it's a decent thread; maybe it's too basic and pointless; or maybe I've just given you a very good reason to break out the glasses. I'll be the first...

Dark brown Dobbs with a Guinness

[​IMG]

2. blazerbud

blazerbud One of the Regulars

Well, what about style? Color can't be the only factor. You could drink coffee in that hat, or bourbon.

3. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

Well, AnA - you did mention 7XCB so I think it's an excuse to post this pic again...

Stetson n Stetson

[​IMG]

rclark likes this.
  4. Absolutely! You can even match it to the glass or bottle. For instance, a green felt hat or tweed cap with a bottle of 7-Up.

5. blazerbud

Already in PJ's but I'll play along. Day old Stale Coffee Pot.
    Black Acubra Adventurer 3/8" trimmed off brim all around.
    I hate mirror pics, really...I'm happy in this pic.
    [​IMG]

XB234C likes this.
  6. Killer hat, blazer!! Did you trim it yourself?

7. blazerbud

Thank you, yes, I trimmed it myself, I practice blacksmithing and woodworking and such. So I assembled a jig to hold a razerblade the appropriate distance to trim off and just carefully went around the hat. Then sanded with grits up to 600 grit, and slapped the hat against my leg and blew it off with compressed air. It's just a tad stingier than a Fed IV. I'm really into a top heavy look on my hats currently, and the Adventurer had a wider than tall look, I think a Fed IV is good right out of the box.

8. ooooooh, this could be fun.

9. seabass

seabass Call Me a Cab

A & A
    No, not matching hat to sangria color
    but i could not resist
    & heck spring will soon arrive my way
    [​IMG]
    Tom Gomez Panama & Home made Sangria.:cool:
    if i threw off the theme of color sorry.
    che

10. I knew you'd be piping in on this one!! :cool:

11. Actually, I would say that your hat ribbon is dark enough to match the darker shade of your delicious looking cocktail. Nicely done, sir. :thumb:

12. mikespens

mikespens Call Me a Cab

Che! Is that seat available? Seeing that washed away my Wa blues.

13. Che that looks very inviting right now considering I have about 2 " of snow. Can't complain, could be in Kansas City.

14. seabass

seabass Call Me a Cab

Seat is available !
    But the pic is from July 2012
    Sorry for the tease guys

15. Neophyte

Neophyte My Mail is Forwarded Here

Gonna have to find a Steel Grey drink lol.

16. All my hats go well with Apple Jack but my Stetson 100 goes the best, even with a good Scotch whisky....
    [​IMG]

Scooterz likes this.
  17. Joshbru3

Joshbru3 I'll Lock Up

GREAT pic, Tom!! I've never had true Apple Jack. Some friends of mine have made stuff that claim to be Apple Jack, but I doubt its the same. My best friends wife is from West Virginia and she promised to get me some real Apple Jack the next time she goes back home. I can't wait!

18. Thanks Josh. Wish I had known. I had a small flask of some in Texas, left it with Rusty to take home....

19. Joshbru3

Joshbru3 I'll Lock Up

Thats ok, Tom. Maybe at this years Fedorafest? ;)

20. Joshbru3

Joshbru3 I'll Lock Up

This was from a couple years ago at the Divine Winery and Distillery in Michigan

[​IMG]

Scooterz likes this.