Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Raf Irvin jacket

kowalski

Practically Family
Thank you John, I see that you live in the U.S. My grandfather lived in the USA . Worked as a fisherman (hunting whales ) and he fought at Tobruk

without the aid USA my country would be helpless
REGARDS

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Yup your ELC looks great Kowalski and that's the weather for wearing it.

I love mine but it currently lives in a heap on the cupboard floor - we had 40 degrees Celsius here the other day so you'd melt if you went within 3 feet of an Irvin!

kowalski

Practically Family
Yup your ELC looks great Kowalski and that's the weather for wearing it.

I love mine but it currently lives in a heap on the cupboard floor - we had 40 degrees Celsius here the other day so you'd melt if you went within 3 feet of an Irvin!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067927/

I personally like this Vanishing Point (1971) Kowalski (Barry Newman) Poles are crazy people this is justified:cool:

My shoes on my feet (foto) it Danner light Patterson ;( limit edition);)
I live in the mountains , here is now day + 3C night 0/ - 2 C it good temperature to wear ELC .Yesterday the wind was blowing at a speed of 200 km\h !! ( local wind called Halny )and there is no snow or a trace .A year ago at this time It was freezing minus 30 C .:smow:

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067927/

I personally like this Vanishing Point (1971) Kowalski (Barry Newman) Poles are crazy people this is justified:cool:

My shoes on my feet (foto) it Danner light Patterson ;( limit edition);)
I live in the mountains , here is now day + 3C night 0/ - 2 C it good temperature to wear ELC .Yesterday the wind was blowing at a speed of 200 km\h !! ( local wind called Halny )and there is no snow or a trace .A year ago at this time It was freezing minus 30 C .:smow:

Hi Kowlalski,

Your Irvin will be very appreciated in those sorts of temperatures!

I've lived twice in Norway and remember how cold Europe can be, but I miss it, it's a good excuse to wear Irvins and good jackets.

I am sad to say I have never visited Poland but my wife (who is Norwegian) taught English in Krakow back in the 90s ;)

kowalski

Practically Family
Hi Smithy

Kraków wery old , nice city , wery i live 120 km from Kraków

I invite you to myself .. especially since I bought a new apartment;)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Hi Smithy

Kraków wery old , nice city , wery i live 120 km from Kraków

I invite you to myself .. especially since I bought a new apartment;)

Mate, I just might take you up on that. We're moving back to Norway next year and my wife has said how she would like to visit Poland again.

We might have to meet in winter and drink some good Polish beer and wear our Irvins to beat the cold!

Tell you what, I'll drag my one out and take some photos and post here - might be good as it's over 6 years old now and might be good for you and others to see how they age.

Cheers,

Tim

archbury918

One of the Regulars
We're back in sub zero along Lake Michigan today (current -24F wind chill). Haven't gotten an Irvin yet. However it's perfect for my older ELC B-3 merino!

kowalski

Practically Family
Mate, I just might take you up on that. We're moving back to Norway next year and my wife has said how she would like to visit Poland again.

We might have to meet in winter and drink some good Polish beer and wear our Irvins to beat the cold!

Tell you what, I'll drag my one out and take some photos and post here - might be good as it's over 6 years old now and might be good for you and others to see how they age.

Cheers,

Tim

super! Give photos your Irvin , they are the older the better ... like a violin and wine

Damn, if I knew about the price increase .....then buy also B3 ELC wery nice jacket beautiful jacket.I had the original B3 ww2 but it fell apart in my hands Simply dishonest salesman .. 950$ in the mud. Ehhh, life itself

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

kowalski

Practically Family
Irvin ELC jacket in the closet crying, in Poland is now /made ​​a beautiful spring ;shock + 15 in the sun. Absurd anomaly:der:

Last edited:

alsendk

A-List Customer
Here in Denmark it`s remarkable warm for the season. It seem Canada and some parts of US is having all the cold weather right now. Time to flash pictures of your Irvin folks.

Stand By

One Too Many
It's about to thaw out big-time up here this weekend and it's already milder - no need for two layers of shearling this morning - just the ELC Irvin and a good wool sweater.
Mind you, it's still cold enough for my eyelashes to have been sticking to my face on the dog walk this morning - but stranglely, it feels rather mild compared to what it's been ...!!!

Attachments

• MilderDay1.JPG
    MilderDay1.JPG
    631.5 KB · Views: 576

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Very nice '42 Pattern ELC you have there Standby. How long have you had it as it looks pretty new?

I love my ELC although I don't get nearly as much use with it here in Australia as I did living in Norway.

I'll post some pictures up here of how it looks now after 6 and a half years of wear (and to those who have been asking me to via PMs, sorry I haven't already!).

Stand By

One Too Many
Very nice '42 Pattern ELC you have there Standby. How long have you had it as it looks pretty new?

I love my ELC although I don't get nearly as much use with it here in Australia as I did living in Norway.

I'll post some pictures up here of how it looks now after 6 and a half years of wear (and to those who have been asking me to via PMs, sorry I haven't already!).

Thanks Smithy - and (having just checked my stash of invoices here!) I've had my '42 Pattern since March of 2009. I had the 1940 Pattern before this one but I traded it in with Gary for this model as I much preferred the brown wool/hide and it was an exact copy of my Doctor's Irvin (he was in the Fleet Air Arm and flew Swordfish).
The jacket shares the daily Winter wear duties with the ELC RW B-3, so that may explain why it wears so well - on average, it gets worn every other day. Plus it gets lots of TLC in the form of conditioners ... the Leather Honey one worked well last Winter, but the dry/distressed/"aged" finish drinks up whatever I use and it always reverts to the "aged" default finish again in no time. I wish it had the original satin/gloss finish - but I love it anyway.

Having shown you mine, I look forward to seeing yours ...!!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn