Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay A2

JumpBoot

One of the Regulars
My brother's birthday is coming up and I want to get him an A2, since he really likes my Eastman. We're not close and truth be told I rather dislike him. Family obligation dictates that I get him something, though, so while I don't want to spend too much, I want to get him something that's going to look nice and wear well. He has no idea about stitching, or any of the things that tend to interest us here with regard to authenticity.

While looking on Ebay today, I found these and wondered if anyone here might have any experience with these sellers, or be willing to lend their opinion as to the look of the jackets. One of them seems to be "De Brabander Manufacturing" based on the tag, which I have never heard of. Failing these, I was going to get him a US Wings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Type-A-2-Fl...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item792042d8a8

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-USAAF-...Russet-Brown-HorseHide-Size-44-/151717756292?

Thank you in advance for any help, folks.

JB

Last edited:

thor

Call Me a Cab
Not sure about the first one, but the jacket in your second link looks like a Spearhead Militaria A-2. They're made in China and have a very stiff, plastic-like finish to their leather. I'd go with a U.S. Wings budget A-2, or try What Price Glory. They make a nice A-2 that is pretty good quality and only $150!

JumpBoot

One of the Regulars
Fantastic advice on the WPG jacket, Thor. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to reply; thank you! That looks like a winner to me. For the price it looks damn nice, actually.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Not sure about the first one, but the jacket in your second link looks like a Spearhead Militaria A-2. They're made in China and have a very stiff, plastic-like finish to their leather. I'd go with a U.S. Wings budget A-2, or try What Price Glory. They make a nice A-2 that is pretty good quality and only $150!

+1

For the price, I think the WPG jacket is amazing. It seems as good as jackets twice it's price or more.

Cocker

Practically Family
The DeBrabander A-2 is the one from QMI shop, in Belgium. There's a review somewhere on the forum, and they do look like really decent jackets for the price.

JumpBoot

One of the Regulars
Thank you, Cocker. I'll look up the thread and check it out. It surprised me because it does look like a really sharp jacket. I didn't know any companies in Belgium made A2's, but that's only my ignorance on the topic.

JumpBoot

One of the Regulars
I looked at their site and they really do have some nice things! I didn't know that reenacting was a big thing there, but I guess it's not surprising. Thanks, Cocker. :)

I wonder how Tomtom42's jacket broke in.

Last edited:

JumpBoot

One of the Regulars
UPDATE:
I tried multiple times to contact the Belgian company, but they refused to get back to me, so I went elsewhere.
I went ahead and ordered one from a company called Buck Starr Legends. I've never heard of him prior to this, but as soon as it arrives I'll post a review.
The owner was great to deal with.
http://www.buckstarrlegends.com/shop

Cocker

Practically Family
Indeed, I think Peter was on holiday and had also multiple reenacting to attend to. I'd be glad to see how your order turns out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner