Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I really almost never see a Super Great Hat in my size that others find , I'm happy for them . But I don't constantly look either . Don't think I know the right search terms , or how anyone can deal with "you know who" . That amazes me .

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I know just about everyone here who wears my size eBay tag

I have figured them out **** and all simply by losing auctions and seeing the hat surface here ...

you hear me Rick , Vic and Jim ??? !!! :)

mine is not hard to figure out ... if you dig what I'm sayin'
I can about bet your handle on eBay is...Handsome with Heart!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I really almost never see a Super Great Hat in my size that others find , I'm happy for them . But I don't constantly look either . Don't think I know the right search terms , or how anyone can deal with "you know who" . That amazes me .

YOU know WHO? Oh you mean buy my beat up stingy brim all wool Open Road clone for as little as $750.00 (original box extra see my other listings person)!!!!!!!????? haha Yes indeed.....They made that one movie "Wolf of Wallstreet"...and for that ebay hat seller they made the movie, "Show me the money"!!!!!

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
You got it Cindy . ... If I see a seller that doesn't know to measure a Hat , I'll message them and tell them . If they add the measurements , I figure they're honest and appreciate the help . If not , I figure they're scamming , looking for a dup that has no idea to be caught in their trap . I could be wrong , but I know I would do my best to let everything be up front , and clear . No surprises . Decent price and $50 shipping is a trap . I stay away . But I've bought a nice Hat and then had it shipped by someone without a clue . Its frustrating . Like you hate to baby someone that's grown , but ... .

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

There have been some amazing ebay finds over the years...on buy it now by sellers that know NOTHING about hats...never worn Resistol San Antonio hat in like new box not a mark on it...like new all tags and stickers in the hat from 1950....$90.00 shipped...super clean and other deals...all for why? I am on hat and shoe alert...: "Radar for deals on...[check] Money in bank account on eBay [check check]...ask seller as many questions as possible...[check check check] and then get ready to buy it now or bid way crazy high at the last minute to own it...got myself a killer mallory from late 1940's never worn and never owned...was in a hat suitcase like the Stetson 100's came in...in a store window it's whole life down south..the store closed and they tossed it on eBay....size 6 3/4 and a super light weight drop dead wonderful hat for $60..00 including the hard suitcase and shipping....

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
A few great hats and that certain great hat or two (or maybe 3 or 4+...) or that special hat, or that "one of a kind" or a different hat that you don't have. I get it and you know what I mean. Cool. GREED and hat gluttony are not. Its impossible to say where the line should be drawn but I believe its there... especially if your bidding against a fellow Brother or Sister. IMHO. Just sayin.

Last edited:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Justin Hats aren't sized right , I was in a store and a 7 3/8 was too tight , but a 7 1/8 fit . No way I'd buy one .

My Justin 4X is a Sheplers "exclusive." Meaning, I bought it online and had it shipped. I really like the hat, but it's big. I didn't want to bother with shipping returns so I grabbed some foam "shims" and put it under the sweatband. Fits now, LOL.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
There's a Style that I would like , and I can only find a couple , one in my size (reg oval though) , and another in 7 1/2 R . Its a Resistol , but it depends on the crease if it will work , plus one on-line seller always puts the same crown dimensions on every Hat , even Open Crown . I may call and ask , I think Open Crown its actually 5 3/4" . Foam is your friend , too small isn't good .

DJH

I'll Lock Up
My understanding is that Steve Delk made the Indy hats for the Indiana Jones movies, #2, #3, and #4. John Penman has the "Indy" block from Steve Delk and makes the Adventurebilt line now. I also have an Everyman from John Penman and it's a great hat but a handmade beaver is tops, no question! To have a signed Adventurebilt hat from Steve is a rare gem these days.

Steve (and Marc, the German Adventurebilt guy) made the hats for Indy 4. The other movies had hats from Herbert Johnson in London

I understand that Steve is still making hats but the backlog of orders is lengthy in the extreme. I couldn't pass on the opportunity when I saw it and the beaver moulds beautifully in the hand.

That's correct, Steve is still making hats (at least at the moment) although he seems to be passing his business over to John Penman to some extent.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I got this (guess what...) a Stagecoach from the bay very cheap (at least to me)
I hope the color to be very near... the waiting game... Pictures are from the seller.
ebaystage201608.jpg
ebaystage201608b.jpg

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I got this (guess what...) a Stagecoach from the bay very cheap (at least to me)
I hope the color to be very near... the waiting game... Pictures are from the seller.
ebaystage201608.jpg
ebaystage201608b.jpg

Looks Nice Joao ! I keep looking , but the only one I've seen is a Straw in my size , but it looks good (except for the hatband) . I hope you're Happy with it when it comes .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner