Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I got this (guess what...) a Stagecoach from the bay very cheap (at least to me)
I hope the color to be very near... the waiting game... Pictures are from the seller.
ebaystage201608.jpg
ebaystage201608b.jpg
That color is so great but I'd never wear it cuz the brim is way to big! ;)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
What size are you Joao? I'll keep my eyes open for some big brims.
I think I'm a 7 1/4 LO.
Some 7 1/4 fits perfectly, some are a bit tight. Some 7 3/8 are loose some fits perfectly.

Yep , and a Diamond horseshoe , but the Horseshoe I found is to expensive .
I've seen some Diamonds and always ended high.
Stagecoach are easier and cheaper to find.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I had three (3!) hats from ebay delivered to my door today.

1) Cavanagh gray fedora with the "Cavanagh" edge. 1950's vintage? Very nice hat. I love it! But it is NOT a 7-3/8 as advertised. Not even close. It came in it's original box and the felt is sooooo soft and creases however you want it. It nearly falls into a diamond crease all on it's own. I think this will be my daughter's hat. She's been wanting a fedora.

2) A Stratton western hat in tan rabbit or rabbit/beaver blend. Stratton is an old family name. Nice to have a hat named such. It's been worn a lot more than advertised. I brushed it real well and it's perking up. I need to have it re-blocked to a 7-3/8 Long oval and find a custom hat band. Looks like a great outdoor hat. Glad I didn't pay the $100 asking price. It pays to make an offer when they set up their sales that way.

3) A Wormser "Milan" that looks a LOT better in person than the pictures depicted... for $18 and free shipping!!! What a deal!!! PLEASE, just a couple more hot days before the summer is over! I want to wear this baby. Two Hawaiian shirts came today as well so I'll grab one of those and pair it with the Wormser. :)

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Well , I think it was a score . I got a Flange Stand (and maybe a Flange , too , but too small for me , though) off the Bay , to go with the Flanges I already acquired . After I saw what a New Flange Stand costs , I took it . Hope its in as good shape as it looked , we'll see . ... now to remember why I thought I needed this stuff ... . Oh yeah , I think I recall , now . But do I ? That's the question !

buler

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone had experience selling to Shop Airlines America? This is a Japan ebay reseller who goes by many ebay id's (flight2xxx, cargo2xxx, smallfamiliar2xxx, etc.). This buyer recently purchased one of my hats and when I researched them a lot of bad stuff came up. Seems they do a huge bulk selling of American ebay items on ebay Japan (whether your auction lists international sales or not). I haven't sent the hat to them yet and I'm now worried that I'll get an "item not as described" or "item damaged upon receipt" issue with them.

Anyone's experience with this, good or bad, would be interesting to hear.

thanks
B

Has anyone had experience selling to Shop Airlines America? This is a Japan ebay reseller who goes by many ebay id's (flight2xxx, cargo2xxx, smallfamiliar2xxx, etc.). This buyer recently purchased one of my hats and when I researched them a lot of bad stuff came up. Seems they do a huge bulk selling of American ebay items on ebay Japan (whether your auction lists international sales or not). I haven't sent the hat to them yet and I'm now worried that I'll get an "item not as described" or "item damaged upon receipt" issue with them.

Anyone's experience with this, good or bad, would be interesting to hear.

thanks
B

I recently sold an item to them. Their username was smallfamiliar2807, but the Shop Airlines came up when they paid. My transaction went off without a hitch and they left me positive feedback. However, I read the same things you did and was worried myself.

Sent directly from my mind to yours

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
So I put a bid on another hat hopping not to win it but that didn't happened. I shouldn't be buying more hats... why...
So anyone know Mackey hatter?
mackey1seller.jpg

mackey2seller.jpg

Mackey Custom Hats are Good , Reasonably Priced , considering , and they have a website , no storefront brick and mortar shop . I recently sent 56FordGuy the site asking if he had heard of them . They look great .

buler

I'll Lock Up
I recently sold an item to them. Their username was smallfamiliar2807, but the Shop Airlines came up when they paid. My transaction went off without a hitch and they left me positive feedback. However, I read the same things you did and was worried myself.

Sent directly from my mind to yours

Thanks, Fruno. I did read some people who had no issues. I just find it stressful. Plus, when you find a place using so many ids/aliases it gets suspicious in a hurry.

I have a lot of hats I plan to ebay and I don't need my paypal account locked up in dispute. I've been thru that once and it's no fun.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR