Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I'd like you know your seller IDs , to tell the truth , incase you had something my size , or to just watch . I know y'all have some sweet lids , but WHO is Timothy in the Closet ? Inquiring minds would like to know . He must get on here sometime , I'm sure .

buler

I'll Lock Up
I'd like you know your seller IDs , to tell the truth , incase you had something my size , or to just watch . I know y'all have some sweet lids , but WHO is Timothy in the Closet ? Inquiring minds would like to know . He must get on here sometime , I'm sure .

Just to be clear. I only have 1 ebay ID. The buyer I was talking about has "lots" of IDs. I'll PM you my ebay ID. Not sure if it's correct form to post it on the lounge.

B

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Mackey Custom Hats are Good , Reasonably Priced , considering , and they have a website , no storefront brick and mortar shop . I recently sent 56FordGuy the site asking if he had heard of them . They look great .
Well I checked their website, they do not have a 20x beaver felt and the color I think it's more similar (by the seller pictures) to natural color. hmmm
I think when I get it, I'll email them if they can tell and confirm anything about it.
Let's see if this one arrives first than the Stagecoach that according to USPS already departed Newark to Lisbon.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Joao , I think you'll like the Mackey , especially if its a better Quality , I love Natural myself , also Sahara . Just passed on a Black Stagecoach , no hatband , no big deal , but it looked good , just wasn't feeling it . Maybe a Better one is coming . Went cheap , too . Oooh well .

Thanks, Fruno. I did read some people who had no issues. I just find it stressful. Plus, when you find a place using so many ids/aliases it gets suspicious in a hurry.

I have a lot of hats I plan to ebay and I don't need my paypal account locked up in dispute. I've been thru that once and it's no fun.

B

Indeed. It's a weird partnership they seem to have with eBay, too, if the comments are to be believed. As a seller, I don't know any way around it, though.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Indeed. It's a weird partnership they seem to have with eBay, too, if the comments are to be believed. As a seller, I don't know any way around it, though.

As a seller, you can create a blocked bidder list. I've added a long list of this buyer's IDs to my block list. But they have so many it's hard to know that you blocked them all.

B

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao , I think you'll like the Mackey , especially if its a better Quality , I love Natural myself , also Sahara . Just passed on a Black Stagecoach , no hatband , no big deal , but it looked good , just wasn't feeling it . Maybe a Better one is coming . Went cheap , too . Oooh well .
Yes that black Stagecoach looked really nice.
When the Mackey arrive, will see (and post).

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I got in an ebay hat, An LL Bean Moose River (made by Stetson?). It was advertised as a kick around/work hat and it looked ok in that role. Seller posted pics of 3 little moth bites and a couple smudges. No big deal, right? Holy crickey, it has about 15 moth bites on the under side of the brim. It's a beige color but has big green overtones to it.

I gave the seller negative remarks, but I'm not steamed enough to turn it into the ebay guarantee program. I still want the hat, but wouldn't have bid quite as much if all those moth bites had been pictured. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
It's possible. My ex would have bought it, then claimed she saved $2,000. :eek:

I once said to her, "please stop saving us so much money, we can't afford it."

That's what my dad used to tell my mom. She was a bulk buyer long before Costco came along. Embarrassing when she made us go in and buy a whole case of toilet paper. :eek:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav