Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
It's very near mint, and came with the fancy box, too. I can't believe the price I paid. I was prepared to pay more. NewJack clearly sources some excellent hats.

Bigger Don

Practically Family
Its a pretty sweet shade of brown.
Looking forward to what it looks like in real life. This and the steel gray bespoke are just the colors I wanted to start with for my first winter of real hats.

I had been thinking of a semi-western woolie which would have cost me a small bit more than this one. The home CFO wasn't impressed by my frugality. :)

I think I smell an Akubra coming as my next new hat...and then there will be the spring flurry of straw money flying. Local hat store carries Borsalino Panamas. Might have to lay off a couple of months of other hat buying to get one of those.

Bigger Don

Practically Family
Brown and grey are the most versatile 2 basic colors.
That was my thought when I was looking at felt swatches. I have a black leather coat, which goes with the steel gray and a very light colored cloth coat in the brown range. Besides that, I wear a lot of jeans and earth tone shirts during the winter. Both gray and brown will go well with those.

I can see having 3 hats in different shades of each, brown and gray. Black? Maybe if I get a homburg some day. Other colors? I've seen a black cherry that I think is just too sweet.

Good start.
Thanks...but don't tell my wife it's only a start.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
That was my thought when I was looking at felt swatches. I have a black leather coat, which goes with the steel gray and a very light colored cloth coat in the brown range. Besides that, I wear a lot of jeans and earth tone shirts during the winter. Both gray and brown will go well with those.

I can see having 3 hats in different shades of each, brown and gray. Black? Maybe if I get a homburg some day. Other colors? I've seen a black cherry that I think is just too sweet.

Thanks...but don't tell my wife it's only a start.
Yes. 3 different shades of brown and 3 different shades of grey. Plus, one black and one black cherry. Like I said, "good start..."

Bigger Don

Practically Family
...and then there are the straws for spring/summer and a western or several.

Bad thing is being on this site makes me realize I also need "some" sport coats. Saw a black camel hair a few years ago that was too sweet. I have only 1 at this point, linen that I bought a year ago because the herringbone and silk had clost-shrunk on me. There are two shops in town that still make custom, each about 2 blocks in opposite directions from our last hatter, Batsake's (mentioned elsewhere on this forum).

Then there is a "need" for a cashmere overcoat.

Picked this up today for beer money (well, whiskey money) with a low best offer submission.

f489d04ea09395818e30b59020ca27c9.jpg

dc0bcf6e380194cc7a602411e37ed199.jpg

...and then there are the straws for spring/summer and a western or several.

Bad thing is being on this site makes me realize I also need "some" sport coats. Saw a black camel hair a few years ago that was too sweet. I have only 1 at this point, linen that I bought a year ago because the herringbone and silk had clost-shrunk on me. There are two shops in town that still make custom, each about 2 blocks in opposite directions from our last hatter, Batsake's (mentioned elsewhere on this forum).

Then there is a "need" for a cashmere overcoat.
I have scored some near mint vintage cashmere overcoats on the Bay
My latest a cashmere and mink blend beautifully tailored for pennies on the dollar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner