Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Mine!!
A bit over of what I wanted to pay but... will it ever one appear again?
I've seen those for pinheads, (very) large heads...
Also at least 2 loungers were aiming at this one (that I gently asked to back off ;))!!
Oh yes and yes... what's new, it's another Stagecoach.
stagegrayseller1.jpg

stagegrayseller2.jpg

Mine!!
Also at least 2 loungers were aiming at this one (that I gently asked to back off ;))!!
stagegrayseller1.jpg

stagegrayseller2.jpg
Glad you got that Joao!! It super cool.
I was surprised to see so much action on the at hat, but then again, its a nice damn hat. Congrats, my friend.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Glad you got that Joao!! It super cool.
I was surprised to see so much action on the at hat, but then again, its a nice damn hat. Congrats, my friend.
Thank you Harv. I was commenting the same with Michael (he was the other lounger aiming at it) that this hat was getting a lot of attention.
Beyond we (me, Harv and Michael), was anyone else here aiming at it?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Mine!!
stagegrayseller1.jpg

stagegrayseller2.jpg
Geez...that is a nice hat for sure! Look at how high that crown is, and nice ribbon treatments!

Reactions: RJR

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/LoveMyHats2031/vin%20resistol_zpst4tdu0bi.jpg.html] [/URL]
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/LoveMyHats2031/resistol1_zpsp8pf2f4b.jpg.html] [/URL]
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/LoveMyHats2031/resistol4_zps7bb4ocom.jpg.html] [/URL]
I was lucky enough to snag this one for Daniel...
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/LoveMyHats2031/resistol3_zpsfswupred.jpg.html] [/URL]

No one else was bidding on it...but I wanted this one bad enough to place a "nose bleed high" bid right off the bat so it would have been very expensive for anyone to keep in the running...and then some. A clean factory refurbed hat clean as a whistle and not worn since the refurb. More pictures when it comes to our front door....

RJR

No one else was bidding on it...but I wanted this one bad enough to place a "nose bleed high" bid right off the bat so it would have been very expensive for anyone to keep in the running...and then some. A clean factory refurbed hat clean as a whistle and not worn since the refurb. More pictures when it comes to our front door....
That looks like a great catch,congrats.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
In two days now, we've received tough news that a co-worker, and a dear friend have both passed away from the cancers they were fighting. It's sad all around.

I'm hoping my Homburg shows up in time to wear to the memorial services. Not to show off, mind you, but to be as respectful as humanly possible. My other other black hat is a bit gaudy for a funeral. I don't wear suits anymore. I'll try and fit into one this weekend.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cav...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
In two days now, we've received tough news that a co-worker, and a dear friend have both passed away from the cancers they were fighting. It's sad all around.

I'm hoping my Homburg shows up in time to wear to the memorial services. Not to show off, mind you, but to be as respectful as humanly possible. My other other black hat is a bit gaudy for a funeral. I don't wear suits anymore. I'll try and fit into one this weekend.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cavanagh-Homburg-Black-Size-7-3-8-/172353869806?nma=true&si=BRl5nZgZi7SKTzcYLwD6gumU%2Fjo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That is a wonderful looking hat, sold to you by a great person here on the lounge, NewJack...and I would tend tothink that hat will be very appropriate for wearing to a funeral or memorial.

We know all too well in our household in regards to doing battle with cancer, my Husband has terminal cancer and has been fighting it tooth and nail! But we also have found many worthwhile alternative treatments for it, aside from the normal chemo or radiation which is a death sentence at times all on it's own. No matter what pain comes from the cancer, being a happy camper and staying that way seems to be some of the best medicine there is.

Sorry for your loss of friends.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, I know you and Daniel are waging war on cancer too. God bless you both in those efforts.

NewJack and I have emailed a few times and we discovered that we're both on the FL. I guessed at it when he said he was glad the hat would have a good home. I was actually surprised to get such a nice hat for relatively little $. Of course, all this happened before the sad news. Maybe I was supposed to get this hat, hmm. Sometimes things happen for a reason. Sometimes we get to see the reason and sometimes we don't.

"Denice" passed away from late stage cancer and her husband is on hospice right now. They worked with me for 9 years and retired just 2 years ago.

"Mark" is a dear friend from church. A visit to see his family on a dark, windy and rainy night about 5 years ago brought them back to church. He married his partner of 20 years sometime later and have been a force for good in that congregation. To see him go is just so difficult for me.

Thanks again for your insight and support.

rclark

Call Me a Cab

Great hat, Cindy! I have a factory refurbished Resistol very similar to this - even came with the same box! Daniel will be very pleased! Congrats!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cavanagh-Homburg-Black-Size-7-3-8-/172353869806?nma=true&si=BRl5nZgZi7SKTzcYLwD6gumU%2Fjo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I'm so sorry for your losses.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Here's the Cavanagh Homburg from NewJack. It has to be the nicest hat I've ever picked up off ebay. Fits great. I'm still undecided about my look in a Homburg, though... I miss the snap-down front brim of a fedora...

ETA: Oh, the jacket is from Goodwill. I must have looked through 100 sportscoats and suits to find only one that fit and was still in decent shape. Not so old but a real nice lambswool and cashmere blend. Sooooooooooooooooooooft. A little boy was sitting next to me at church and he kept reaching over and feeling the material of my suit... it's that soft.

i-4fs4ZFS-M.jpg

Bigger Don

Practically Family
Ordered this today on Etsy. Lady said she's never sold a "vintage" hat before. (She's estimated its from the '80s, but who am I to argue the line between "pre-owned" and vintage?) Price was real nice, low enough that if I screw up adjusting it to XLO I won't be crying. If it goes too far south I can use that as an excuse with the home CFO (who already cringes at thinking about buying a hat that's been on someone else's head) to switching to a quarterly schedule bespokes. :)

Hmmm, thinking I might start lining up some of the hatmakers around here. :)
upload_2016-10-10_12-52-57-png.57908

Here's the Cavanagh Homburg from NewJack. It has to be the nicest hat I've ever picked up off ebay. Fits great. I'm still undecided about my look in a Homburg, though... I miss the snap-down front brim of a fedora...

ETA: Oh, the jacket is from Goodwill. I must have looked through 100 sportscoats and suits to find only one that fit and was still in decent shape. Not so old but a real nice lambswool and cashmere blend. Sooooooooooooooooooooft. A little boy was sitting next to me at church and he kept reaching over and feeling the material of my suit... it's that soft.

i-4fs4ZFS-M.jpg
Detail shots of lining please, love this hat. Keep the look, you Rock!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Ordered this today on Etsy. Lady said she's never sold a "vintage" hat before. (She's estimated its from the '80s, but who am I to argue the line between "pre-owned" and vintage?) Price was real nice, low enough that if I screw up adjusting it to XLO I won't be crying. If it goes too far south I can use that as an excuse with the home CFO (who already cringes at thinking about buying a hat that's been on someone else's head) to switching to a quarterly schedule bespokes. :)

Hmmm, thinking I might start lining up some of the hatmakers around here. :)
upload_2016-10-10_12-52-57-png.57908
Its a pretty sweet shade of brown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy