Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rclark

Call Me a Cab
FYI - all of you that purchase items on eBay would be wise to avoid a seller that goes by the name of raidersfan37.

I asked the seller detailed questions about the condition of the hat and specifically about insect damage prior to bidding. He said it was in "excellent condition" and had no insect damage.

I received the hat Monday and of course it is has a large amount of moth damage and fading near the brim. Of course the seller is claiming ignorance as he is no "hat expert" but refuses to accept the return, instead offering only a partial refund.

Life is too short to deal with people like this so I have accepted the partial refund, but others please beware. One of my worst experiences after 17 years on fee bay.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
FYI - all of you that purchase items on eBay would be wise to avoid a seller that goes by the name of raidersfan37.

I asked the seller detailed questions about the condition of the hat and specifically about insect damage prior to bidding. He said it was in "excellent condition" and had no insect damage.

I received the hat Monday and of course it is has a large amount of moth damage and fading near the brim. Of course the seller is claiming ignorance as he is no "hat expert" but refuses to accept the return, instead offering only a partial refund.

Life is too short to deal with people like this so I have accepted the partial refund, but others please beware. One of my worst experiences after 17 years on fee bay.

He's a Raiders fan.... which is already a red flag. Thanks for the heads up!

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
So the Churchill homburg I mentioned earlier arrived and unfortunately the seller measured it incorrectly =( So I'm eating crow a bit on the initial enthusiasm. The condition is really nice, though. Slight fading on the lining and a moth nibble on the backside of the brim, but other than that it's in great condition.

Thankfully, I got it for next to nothing -- like, I've spent more on gourmet burgers in downtown SD. I'll post photos when I get a chance but if anyone wants a 6 7/8 (~22"), you can just PM me about it and it's yours.

Tonio

A-List Customer
o_O

image.jpeg

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Ah yes....the "eBay Whippet"...little facts like it was made in the sixties (or later) and it's NOT A FRIGGING WHIPPET can't stand in the way of capitalism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters