Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
eBay is frustrating for this those outside CONUS. Shipping for east coast US to U.K. (Big cities, not remote at either end) is at least 20$ and then you get hit by 20% import duty, even if marked as gift (UK customs have really gotten on the ball). Having done this twice and realised I could have bought a third decent hat for the shipping and import duties, I am stocking European sites / checking when my next US business trip will happen..... on the other hand, look at the options which online auction sites give us which we would never have otherwise known about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not going to lie I was hesitant to go for the Dobbs, mainly because I know the reason he's selling it is to make space for the next round of hats the seller of the Dobbs Jolly Rounder will be putting up in the near future. And lord knows those hats will be equally amazing.

Ha! love the Stratoliner with the slipped disk. I have the same one... lovely early model.

I just can't bring myself to fund the colonel. I did buy a hat from him once. It was a lovely antique. When it arrived I found the rear of the sweatband had exploded from his stretching it up to fit his head. He has bought and sold a ton of hats since... some quite wonderful. I'm sure he has learned to treat his hats with more care. The sevens that fit like seven and one eighth I find worrisome.

Looking forward to your pictures.

ps... when I had lunch with that seller of the Jolly Rounder some years ago I was wearing the Stratoliner twin of the hat you just purchased. He was interested in trading for it at that time. Maybe keep in mind if it turns out not to be your cup of tea.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Well , nobody usually posts defeats . I guess I should have gone deeper , but as I snoozed , I lost ... (can I have a Kleenex) ... (Defeat) ... Who got it ?

50s Stetson Twenty-Five OR ...

s-l1600-11.jpg s-l1600-12.jpg s-l1600-13.jpg s-l1600-14.jpg
s-l1600-15.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I missed an oddball Trimble fedora a few days ago. Since no photos have shown up in the waiting for thread, I suppose a non lounger got this one. Should have put dinner off for a few minutes, came back and got sniped.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Well , nobody usually posts defeats . I guess I should have gone deeper , but as I snoozed , I lost ... (can I have a Kleenex) ... (Defeat) ... Who got it ?

50s Stetson Twenty-Five OR ...

View attachment 73646 View attachment 73647 View attachment 73648 View attachment 73649 View attachment 73650
That hat should have been a size 7 1/2 LO...I would have won that auction for Daniel. It is a clean vintage...even though I would have had to borrow to put the money in pay pal.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
It wouldn't have mattered to me , it would have been a party on my head whatever decade it was made . What decade is it ? just curious ... , slobbering at so many great Twenty-Fives for so long .
looks 60s

it's a beautiful hat ... I only mentioned it because I assumed the seller said it was 50's ... I don't think it is

no big deal either way

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
looks 60s

it's a beautiful hat ... I only mentioned it because I assumed the seller said it was 50's ... I don't think it is

no big deal either way

Thanks Anthony , yeah , that was in the listing , I had no idea . I know some Hats generally , but others I have no clue . I just saw the size tag and it looked like a 50s to me . The round kind .

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thank Anthony , yeah , that was in the listing , I had no idea . I know some Hats generally , but others I have no clue . I just saw the size tag and it looked like a 50s to me . The round kind .
I'm pretty sure some of those size tags lingered into the 60s ... but I do not believe that logo was around in the 50s ...

hey I could be wrong ... there are certainly guys here who know a hell of a lot more than I do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo