Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
Bought a 7 3/8 (which, as I've been told is a "common size", yet is INCREASINGLY difficult to find) off of Ebay last October, a Fawn colored Lee's of Connecticut white label for about 80 bucks. It's my everyday/knockaround hat, and it's quality, though beat up, somewhat, is still as fine as top-tier hat of today. I was even asked by a seller at Brooks brothers (boy, that made me sound pretentious!) if it was a Borsalino, and they were shocked to find out that it's an early 1940s hat. Can't find the pictures of it, but i definitely posted it in the Lee Lounge Form a few months ago.

But yah, you definitely have to simultaneously hope you have a seller who doesn't know what they have, and dread a seller who doesn't know what they have. They could either be the best thing that happened to you, or a beaucoup-dollar mistake.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Bought a 7 3/8 (which, as I've been told is a "common size", yet is INCREASINGLY difficult to find) off of Ebay last October, a Fawn colored Lee's of Connecticut white label for about 80 bucks. It's my everyday/knockaround hat, and it's quality, though beat up, somewhat, is still as fine as top-tier hat of today. I was even asked by a seller at Brooks brothers (boy, that made me sound pretentious!) if it was a Borsalino, and they were shocked to find out that it's an early 1940s hat. Can't find the pictures of it, but i definitely posted it in the Lee Lounge Form a few months ago.

But yah, you definitely have to simultaneously hope you have a seller who doesn't know what they have, and dread a seller who doesn't know what they have. They could either be the best thing that happened to you, or a beaucoup-dollar mistake.
This seller unfortunately new what they had.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Much appreciated Anthony. Im a little concerned though, abt what may be some tiny little blems in the crown.
The piece looks pretty mint in the photos
I've been watching it since it was put up ... we'll see
I have no problem living with a blemish here and there if it is a piece I really dig.
and often they can be brushed or sponged out
You got a killer piece man ... I wouldn't be too concerned

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
The piece looks pretty mint in the photos
I've been watching it since it was put up ... we'll see
I have no problem living with a blemish here and there if it is a piece I really dig.
and often they can be brushed or sponged out
You got a killer piece man ... I wouldn't be too concerned
Thanks. I feel better. Blems in the felting or a little "dirt" are okay. It's the idea of "nibbles" that sorta turns me off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy