Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GWD said:
LOL if only it were true! I can't get any response from the seller, I don't understand it, he has great feedback. I'm going to give the seller a few more days then withdraw my payment.
I'd give them a few more days dude.....maybe they're on vacation and away for the week, it is summertime. [huh]

GWD

One Too Many
Just won this odd little duck.

156276281_tp.jpg

Here

I hope they take my money! :p

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm really starting to like the look of a side-dent, near cattleman's crease on a hat that looks not at all cowboy. Good score GWD.

GWD

One Too Many
MDphoto said:
Ok, I just got this one. I'm really excited about that I finally got a Whippet.

So ah, did I do good?

Honestly......no, not really, the Whippet is really over rated and you got ripped off. But because I'm such a nice guy....I'll give you $65.00 for it. lol

Vintage Betty

I could be completely wrong, but this hat looks much, much earlier than the 1920's to me. The crown, edging and ribbon (beaded band) treatment tell me this is 1830's-1880's. Am I wrong? I have no idea.

However, if I'm right, they stole this hat, and it was a bargain.

Vintage Betty

GWD

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
I could be completely wrong, but this hat looks much, much earlier than the 1920's to me. The crown, edging and ribbon (beaded band) treatment tell me this is 1830's-1880's. Am I wrong? I have no idea.

However, if I'm right, they stole this hat, and it was a bargain.

Vintage Betty

If anyone knows, it's you Betty! You've amazed me with your knowledge of everything vintage. Keep up the great work!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Here are some points of reference.
Also, look back one page in this thread. They're not the same, but the look is similar.

Vintage Betty

GWD said:
If anyone knows, it's you Betty! You've amazed me with your knowledge of everything vintage. Keep up the great work!

Awww.....:eek: Thank you Mr. GWD! Did you find that reasonably priced lettering press yet?? (And did you notice the $500 model didn't sell? Though it did have the original paint and was in EXCELLENT condition with the stand....)

Lefty said:
Here are some points of reference.
Also, look back one page in this thread. They're not the same, but the look is similar.

Yes, Mr. Lefty, I really like that site and the seller's goods; I've oogled their items for a few years. And what I wouldn't give for a real live cowgirl hat! However, I'm waiting for one of the experts on this thread to pipe up - Mr. Douglas or Mr. Dinerman, for starters to tell me what they thought of the age of that hat.

And Mr. Lefty, I L-O-V-E your new avatar.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I just bought this for my wife. I can't believe the price. The hats from Monte Cristi Customs start at $400. I have no idea what this one would go for. :)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I only wish it was my size!
Though the hat was made for a woman, the ribbon seems to be on the man's side. As I'm paying more for shipping than I'm paying for the hat, I've got no problem shelling out a few more bucks for a little sewing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes