Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
No ribbon or sweat[huh] , here's some history.
Astor House: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astor_House

1837 New York Hatters:

4749977899_d00f3da700_b.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Can't prove a thing, but the story is....we bought it from the widow of World War II General Arthur Maddox. Harry Truman himself gave the hat to the general...

Either way, this is the size he wore (7 1/4 to 7 3/8) and this is the style he wore and it is from that era....

So....mmmmm...go for it!

Sounds like a load of horse hockey to me...

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Does this mean that it originally cost $150? Or is it another designation that means nothing, like the 'X' Factor? My guess is that this is from past the time period where the number designation matched the price (i.e. the 100 that cost $600). [huh]

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
fluteplayer07 said:
Does this mean that it originally cost $150? Or is it another designation that means nothing, like the 'X' Factor? My guess is that this is from past the time period where the number designation matched the price (i.e. the 100 that cost $600). [huh]

I still stand that the 100 did not at any time cost $600. I saw that hat too, but show me one Stetson ad that shows a 25 not costing 25 a 50 not costing 50 or a 100 not costing 100 and, well, I will have learned something.

I've never seen a 150, as I said, but every hat I've seen with just a number and not an x designation, the number has represented the original sales price.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Possible that the 100 in question was marketed more as Stetson's 100th Anniversary hat by that time than the price designation? If I remember correctly, wasn't that one made in '65? Or at least around that time? :p

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
fluteplayer07 said:
Possible that the 100 in question was marketed more as Stetson's 100th Anniversary hat by that time than the price designation? If I remember correctly, wasn't that one made in '65? Or at least around that time? :p

Yes it was. And I've seen 100th anniversary hats which aren't 100s and Stetson 100s from years other than 1965 so I highly doubt that to be the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff