Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

randooch

I'll Lock Up
It doesn't look too bad. I think that you may be able to straighten that out without too much trouble. Personally, I would be more concerned about the copper corrosion at the rear of the hat. I find that condition very unappealing. Either way, let us know how it turns out once steamed and coaxed back into shape.

I'm watching another one on Ebay with that same copper residue. Any way to remove that?

EggHead

Practically Family
Well, if you paid about $20-$30 for it, its a good deal.

Some sellers do a better packaging job than others. I arrived home to find this on my porch in the rain. So the post office deserves some kudos as well.
towncraft.jpg

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
An Update on my Stetson Open Road Shady Oak that I purchased a week or so ago. I haven't gotten it back from Tom yet but he sent me pictures. The first two pictures are the Ebay Photos and the second and third pictures were sent from Tom after he shaped it for me. He was gonna do a final adjustment after letting the hat rest and then ship it back to me today or tomorrow. The look I was going for was the FedoraFest Strat that Major Moore is having made for us. I think he did an unbelievable job on this hat.

AmonCarterOpenRoad.png

AmonCarterOpenRoad3.png

MyStetson20-2.png

MyStetson20-4.png

mattface

Practically Family
An Update on my Stetson Open Road Shady Oak that I purchased a week or so ago. I haven't gotten it back from Tom yet but he sent me pictures. The first two pictures are the Ebay Photos and the second and third pictures were sent from Tom after he shaped it for me. He was gonna do a final adjustment after letting the hat rest and then ship it back to me today or tomorrow. The look I was going for was the FedoraFest Strat that Major Moore is having made for us. I think he did an unbelievable job on this hat.

AmonCarterOpenRoad.png

AmonCarterOpenRoad3.png

MyStetson20-2.png

MyStetson20-4.png

nice! my plan with the one I just got is to rebash it in a diamond as well. I think that's a great look for an OR.

mattface

Practically Family
I think you did very well. If the hats had been my size, I would have been bidding on it as well.

7 1/8 is a little snug on me, but currently all my favorite hats are that size. I'm assuming the 7 fits more like 7 1/8 since they all apparently belonged to the same person. If none of them fit, or work on my head I can flip them and have 2 nice Cavanagh boxes.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab

MyStetson20-2.png

MyStetson20-4.png

Nice work on your Shady Oaks. Though I'm not a fan of that style of crease it looks nice. The Strat that Major Mike is getting made is an open crown so you'll have to have him crease it if you want it like that one. :)

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Nice work on your Shady Oaks. Though I'm not a fan of that style of crease it looks nice. The Strat that Major Mike is getting made is an open crown so you'll have to have him crease it if you want it like that one. :)
Yeah, I was basing my decision on Tom Deans dry crease he posted in the Fedora Fest thread, not the open crown. Tom did the crease on mine too and deserves all the credit. He did a great job as I knew he would.

Last edited:

ScottF

Call Me a Cab

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Just BIN'd this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190585128841?

Then found this one, which uses the same picture:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Borsalino-Alessandria-Fedora-Mens-Hat-7-1-8-SZ-/120745523140

The seller sent me pics of the interior which are not the same (but close) as the pics shown in the interior of the second auction. Also, he told me the tag said '7 1/4'. Hopefully he just ripped off a picture to use, and the hat will be similar.

I realize that my posts aren't the most exciting in the world, but if anyone has thoughts on the above, they would be welcomed. Might even help some of you who purchase from these people in the future. Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy