Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I was wondering about that Scott. I'd been watching the overpriced 7 1/8 which has been for sale for ages. Seeing the other BIN I thought for a second that the price had been dramatically reduced.

All very confusing.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I was wondering about that Scott. I'd been watching the overpriced 7 1/8 which has been for sale for ages. Seeing the other BIN I thought for a second that the price had been dramatically reduced.

All very confusing.

I'm really hoping that he just pilfered a photo, and that the hat he's sending (if any) is in similar shape. The interior photos he sent indicated a hat from the late '50s to early '60s. The one on ebay looks to have a newer interior. I also double-checked on the '7 1/4' claim and he verified it, plus promised no moth bites. If he's a scammer, he spent a lot of time communicating with me for only $75.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm really hoping that he just pilfered a photo, and that the hat he's sending (if any) is in similar shape. The interior photos he sent indicated a hat from the late '50s to early '60s. The one on ebay looks to have a newer interior. I also double-checked on the '7 1/4' claim and he verified it, plus promised no moth bites. If he's a scammer, he spent a lot of time communicating with me for only $75.

$75 clams for that would be sweet indeed. I was awaiting the answer to a question regarding the hat as you snapped it up! Potentially a nice snag!

You should be protected if it's a scam. The low feedback experience and odd feedback comments add to the weirdness. I hope it turns out to be a good surprise. Keep us posted.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Scott, it will be very interesting to see what actually arrives at your door.

Matt, I don't believe Lefty was the buyer of the Flagship. I do think we can all look forward to some pics in the near future though.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I got the flagship. I have another one, though. This one is in better shape. Paid more than I wanted to, but I haven't bought a hat for quite a while! LOL

So you saved up for one you really wanted - nothing wrong with that. And still a great deal if you compare it with today's equivalent...oh yeah, there is none!

HatsEnough

Banned
So you saved up for one you really wanted - nothing wrong with that. And still a great deal if you compare it with today's equivalent...oh yeah, there is none!
Yeah, I let a ton of hats go the last week while watching the Flagship.

Edit to add...

I might be disappointed with this one, tho. The seller says it has a real short brim at 2-1/4. I am not a fan of such a small brim. My guess is that some idiot cut it down at sometime in the past. I can't believe that 2-1/4 was its original size.

I have my fingers crossed that the seller has the brim size wrong and its larger than that. But I'm not sanguine that my hope will turn out to be reality.

Last edited:

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Scott, it will be very interesting to see what actually arrives at your door.

There is no telling, but I'm hopeful. The seller emailed me a pic this morning that showed two bites on the underside, and offered a full refund or $25 off. I accepted the discount.

I rarely buy hats any more - only have five 'keepers' - so it's no big deal. Only bought this one because no fedora-wearer should be without a Borso.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The seller says it has a real short brim at 2-1/4. I am not a fan of such a small brim. My guess is that some idiot cut it down at sometime in the past. I can't believe that 2-1/4 was its original size.

I'd not thought of that when I looked at this hat, but you might be right. Looking at the Flagships posted on the forum, they seem to have a welted or Mode edge, not raw edge brim.

Still looks to be a very nice hat though.

no fedora-wearer should be without a Borso.

Very true!

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
Just snagged this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160662232688#ht_4951wt_1219

I think I got an amazing deal, but sometimes when things seem too easy I start to have doubts. Still for under $25 shipped I can't go TOO far wrong, and I think it'll look real nice rebashed in a diamond or teardrop.

512138089_o.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up

mattface

Practically Family
WOW! :eusa_clap Do you and your handsome son share that size, or is this another just for him? Either way, great catch.

I wear between a 7 1/8 and 7 1/4. He was a solid 7 1/8 a year ago, but I think he and I are pretty much exactly the same size now. That Richman Bros fits both of us about perfectly, and it's a bit large for a 7 1/8. He really doesn't wear wider brims and i can't wear stingy ones, so there isn't much fighting over hats, but he'll probably wear my brown Stetson 3x for his Indiana Jones costume. We get a lot of compliments when we're out walking around the town in our hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy