Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Plastic cover on the liner screams 1950s to me.

Cellophane. It's very crinkly, right?

I'm saying late 40s, based on the (gorgeous) look of the felt, the ribbon/binding, tag, and logo (actually they look older
than that...) in spite of the 50s-looking sweatband.

Killer deal. Great hat.

HatsEnough

Banned
Well that Flagship I paid more than I wanted for really does have a smallish brim.
However, even though is it only 2-1/4 it still looks good, so it's a keeper.

On the inside is the stars field Stetson logo on both the sweatband and the liner that puts this in the the 1940s if I remember reading that right.

Now , my other Flagship has an underwelt brim edge. This new one is raw. Plus it is a odd size. Not quite 2-1/4 in the front but over that on the sides and in back. Very uneven.

So here is the question: did Stetson sell a Flagship with such a short, raw edged brim in the 1940s?

Or do you guys think some fool cut this brim down at some point in the past?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
So here is the question: did Stetson sell a Flagship with such a short, raw edged brim in the 1940s?

Or do you guys think some fool cut this brim down at some point in the past?

It's certainly a mid-40's Flagship. And, unfortunately, it's almost just as certain that it has been victimized by the Haberslasher...:eeek:

HatsEnough

Banned
It's certainly a mid-40's Flagship. And, unfortunately, it's almost just as certain that it has been victimized by the Haberslasher...:eeek:
That is exactly what I thought.

Still, I am amazed that it looks good despite the shortened brim. usually I hate anything under 2-1/2, but the crease and the 4 inch crown holds together well with the shorter brim. It doesn't look that bad at all.

HatsEnough

Banned
Wow did Gene have this hat?
No idea. Got it of the bay.

The shame of it is, the interior is nearly perfect. No mothing, so spots -- just some damn fool cut the brim down for whatever reason.

Edit to add: I guess there could have been a legit reason like some sort of damage to the outer brim. But if some guy just felt like cutting it down, I call that mutilation!

T Rick

Practically Family
I'm really hoping that he just pilfered a photo, and that the hat he's sending (if any) is in similar shape. The interior photos he sent indicated a hat from the late '50s to early '60s. The one on ebay looks to have a newer interior. I also double-checked on the '7 1/4' claim and he verified it, plus promised no moth bites. If he's a scammer, he spent a lot of time communicating with me for only $75.
You should be well covered if what arrives isn't satisfactory. eBay's buyer protection is really strong currently. If it isn't substantially as described (or does not arrive) eBay guaranty's the purchase price plus original shipping. They'll pressure the Seller to make it right with you, but in the end they will refund you themselves if need be. Worst you should be out is return shipping (if that).

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
What, do you suppose, happened to this auction hat?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390352807132?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I had a bid of about $40 in, and now it says 'ended' at $9.99!

The seller ended the auction early. When he (or she) did that it, the bids previously placed were removed. That's why it reverted to the original opening price. You will notice that it does not show any bids, nor does it indicate that it was sold through the auction process. To learn why it was taken down, contact the seller.

T Rick

Practically Family
What, do you suppose, happened to this auction hat?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390352807132?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I had a bid of about $40 in, and now it says 'ended' at $9.99!

MP

This...
Q: Has anyone pointed out that this listing has the wrong pictures? You've mixed these up with the pictures from the listing for your other hat (Resistol 390352806349). 1) Beaver hat has Resistol pictures 2) Resistol hat has Beaver pictures Cheers! Oct-08-11
A: I have to thank you for pointing out my mistake. My only option is to end auction and relist. Thank you for diverting a headache for me. Lee

scooter

Practically Family
Well, I just took a flyer on a Knox that I found on Ebay. I have no idea of the size, but it is a Tom 'n Jerry and I figured if I couldn't wear it, I could always resell it. I've read wonderful things about these hats and thought if I wait, someone else is gonna snatch this baby up. I hope it works out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn