Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

region4

New in Town
Whoops my mistake, I had two lots of http://s embedded in the link. Thanks Manfred.

Tell you what, 40-50 years really haven't done much to dent this Akubra. I've been wearing it out this week and aside from the minor damage I mentioned and that been-in-an-attic-for-half-a-century smell, it still feels like a brand new hat.
So all I need now is to pair it with a grey suit and work out how to morph into Sean Connery.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
At least a Lounger got it! I'd rather have earlier ones for the collection, but a later one like this would've made for a good daily wearer.

Brad

barrowjh

One Too Many
referencing back to Hoss and de Posse's posts back on page 1878 - what an incredible lot of hats to win at auction. Five out of the seven are just killers, plus two more hats whose only fault might be the brim width. Not a bad haul at all; instant collection.

Hoss & da Posse

One of the Regulars
referencing back to Hoss and de Posse's posts back on page 1878 - what an incredible lot of hats to win at auction. Five out of the seven are just killers, plus two more hats whose only fault might be the brim width. Not a bad haul at all; instant collection.
You know, it only gets better...I never really wanted a large collection of hats but...ya'll know how it goes. After I acquired a 30's vintage Borsalino, I thought I was close to being done. All I really wanted was a nice green fedora and a Borsalino rollup. When I bid on that cache, I was mainly going after the green Huckel. Thought I'd sell the rest. But liked you said, a case could be made to keep every one of them. And they all fit! Then, last night, I'm running through the Borsalino thread and I see a rollup that looks virtually identical to one of the other hats in that group. I may have obtained the last two hats I really wanted. Totally thrilled. And am trying not to talk myself into keeping them all

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Lost on a nice Champ Featherweight today. Apparently I lost by thousandths of a second. The winning bid was the same as mine, and submitted at the same time to the hundreths of a second.

$(KGrHqR,!hwE8(wQPlTwBPLw5gvmu!~~60_3.JPG

I would have been able to save on shipping costs, too, as the seller location is the county seat where I live. I could have picked it up!

Just as well, I suppose... my wife would look askance at my buying a hat while she's unemployed.

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR