Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
8487944581_7dfc714bae_o.jpg

Steve, that one looks super cool! It should clean up very nicely. I'm excited to see the "after" photos! :eusa_clap

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
+1. You are posting some exceptional hats... a pleasure to see.

Thank you very much to both of you and in fact everyone who posts here. If it wasnt for seeing the absolutely stunning examples of Bowlers that have been posted here over the years I wouldn't have known that they're out there just waiting to be found and worn.

jrbobbyh

New in Town
Rats! :(
I have done well with two previous Ebay hat purchases, but recently received a Beaver Brand. It is in great condition, and in the original box. But within two days of opening the box, the musty old odors began to flow out, worsening steadily. Problems are that the hat is not wearable with that odor, but more, that it really irritates my nose.

Is this just a loss? Should I toss it in the trash, or is it possible to really get rid of the smell (and I assume kill the invisible mold)?

Bobby

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It didn't smell bad when you first received it? Maybe check to see if there's a dead mouse or something like that in the box? It sounds odd to me that it would begin to smell bad after you received it instead of smelling bad right from the start. One thing that's been recommended here for bad smelling hats is to place the hat in a trash bag with scrunched up newspaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner