Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Jeremiah

A-List Customer
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Ok guys. My Dobbs fifteen arrived.
Mixed emotions here. The good. It's a really pristine hat. Almost too much for as old as it is.
I am a bit suspicious that there are no tags underneath like on my other Dobbs but maybe it's because it's not as old.
Anyway. The bad. It's tight.
It's a 6 7/8" and I am right above that at 21 5/8" but this band is definitely tight.
I talked with David of VS and he gave me some tips to stretch a bit at home.
I like the color and felt enough to sacrifice a new sweat if needed though.
Here is a question. The felt is unbelievably thin. I can pop creases out to form an open crown and I really can't tell where the dents are, but then I can put that bash right back in with ease.
Does this look right on me? Too high? Appreciate the opinions.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Ok thanks. So all I need to do is get the sweat stretched just a bit to be comfortable.
be careful stretching it

snapping the sweat is a possibility
warping the brim also

also a lot of times the hat will just shrink back to where it is comfortable

it is good to leave the stretcher or band block in for a while when you are not wearing it until the hat finds comfort in its new size ... could take a while

Jeremiah

A-List Customer
Yeah I am going to wet the back of band slightly after I give it some Lexol then just slightly add a bit after snug. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah I am going to wet the back of band slightly after I give it some Lexol then just slightly add a bit after snug. Thanks for the tip.

I'm going to give you different advice. If it's just a leeetle tight, before you stretch it, wear it. Wear it for a few days. It may respond well and relax to better fit your head. If that doesn't work, then break out the stretcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I'm going to give you different advice. If it's just a leeetle tight, before you stretch it, wear it. Wear it for a few days. It may respond well and relax to better fit your head. If that doesn't work, then break out the stretcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100%

I'd add ... if wearing it does start to loosen it up nicely ... leave it on the stretcher set to the size of your head when you take it off so it stays where it is when drying from sweat and the heat from your head

here is where a band block is worth it's weight in gold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner