Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
looks like a Railbird but doesn't say so on the sweat

everything says Railbird... the felt... the band... the triple stitch edge ... the dimensions ... just not labeled

definitely late 50s or early 60s ...

not a Satellite though ... or at least not like one I've ever seen

the box is great ... only seen a few of those pop up

I'm almost mad somebody hasn't picked it up. Like, I had a straight up Indiana Jones moment looking at that one: "It belongs in a museum!!!" Or, you know, in the hands of a lounger.

Is the hat actually a Satellite, though? I'm not sure I know what one looks like. I think there's a thread around here somewhere...

Edit: OK, I wrote that before I saw Anthony's response.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Came home early from work today to start the holiday. And what a holiday it turned out to be. Found an unclaimed beauty in the Bay. Saw one Mallory Ten, saved it, and two listings down, another Mallory XV with a shark's gill. Couldn't hit the BIN faster! After a closer look, there is a small moth bite on the crown, through and through divot. But I'm not dismayed...did I say Shark's Gill!! We will see it next week probably. I hope a Lounger got the other Mallory, it was gone when I looked a few minutes later.

Mallory side 650x.jpg
Mallory crown hole 2 600x.jpg
Mallory Liner XV 550x.jpg

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Came home early from work today to start the holiday. And what a holiday it turned out to be. Found an unclaimed beauty in the Bay. Saw one Mallory Ten, saved it, and two listings down, another Mallory XV with a shark's gill. Couldn't hit the BIN faster! After a closer look, there is a small moth bite on the crown, through and through divot. But I'm not dismayed...did I say Shark's Gill!! We will see it next week probably. I hope a Lounger got the other Mallory, it was gone when I looked a few minutes later.

View attachment 99318 View attachment 99319 View attachment 99320

Fantastic find and really fast quick draw.

Great snag, Mike. Good eye. Nobody's ever going to see that moth chomp, but you might not want to wear it in the rain.

MondoFW

Practically Family
Great snag, Mike. Good eye. Nobody's ever going to see that moth chomp, but you might not want to wear it in the rain.

Those darn moths! They got through a Brooks Brothers suit of my father's. Thankfully, most of the damage is on the pants, and the jacket appears fine.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I know there are ways to hide these scars, have to do some lounge research. It looks like the only moth blemish, but we will see.
Make the hole bigger and singe the edges and tell everyone it's a bullet hole from that time you were in a shootout with those University of Oregon bozos. Put a little fun in all that historianizing!
:D
Nice snag, BTW!

That's a real beauty you picked up there, Mike. Can't wait to see more of it. And like the others said: you won't be able to see that hole after you in the crease.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OK, I was the only bidder on this thing, so my first reaction is: Was there something I was missing that caused others not to bid on this? I think it's kinda cool, and a 50s Royal Deluxe for this price ain't bad. We shall see when it is delivered.

You were the only bidder because it slipped by me. :) Congratulations on a great find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner