Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
For youthful smartness...

Michaelshane said:

This one will be mine.

Big bucks? It depends on how you look at it. In the rather rare event they turn up, I gladly pay for:
- a panama
- 7 1/4
- vintage, in near to perfect shape
- with a c-crown
- a joyful puggaree
- ... a Mallory. (This being one of my favorite brands, if only because the appeal to my "youthful smartness" strikes a note with me :p)

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Bantam Man said:
This one will be mine.

Big bucks? It depends on how you look at it. In the rather rare event they turn up, I gladly pay for:
- a panama
- 7 1/4
- with a c-crown
- a joyful puggaree
- ... a Mallory. (This being one of my favorite brands, if only because the appeal to my "youthful smartness" strikes a note with me :p)

I was just a little miffed...I was trying to buy that one.I'm partial to Mallory's also.I had a snipe set at what I thought would get me the hat,but no....you just never know.Anyway...nice win.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Viper Man

Banned
Bantam Man said:
This one will be mine.

- a panama
- 7 1/4
- with a c-crown
- a joyful puggaree

Congrats, Bantam! That's a sharp looking hat for sure.

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
Thanks fellows...

...for your kind notes! You are a bunch of great guys. :eusa_clap

Michael, I know what it is to loose an eBay-auction on which you have set your mind. That is why I was really determined to win this one.
Hey, but you can always come to this side of the big splash if you would like to lend the Mallory for a day! ;)

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=320372862626
baka-1.jpg
bakuinterior-1.jpg

I pick up what appears as a clean Baku straw for the summer

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
My 1st Open Road

This hat looks bad, I know, and probably a bit overpriced, but as I sit here watching Orson Welles' "Touch of Evil" (Great hat movie) and waiting for the re-block to dry, I'm very pleased. I even have a Royal Deluxe liner that I think is about the same period...I'm guessing mid-50's

Open Road on ebay

!BS-Ted!CGk~$(KGrHgoH-CQEkJ5gdrdhBKG!cQRum!~~_12.JPG

!BS-Tf9g!2k~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlzKDlBKG!cYLU0g~~_12.JPG

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
I don't think I've ever seen one of those on ebay. Did you take it?

Alexander, 7 1/4
b7a8_1.JPG
!BSIygqQCGk~$(KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmWUfiBKBuK8eNp!~~_1.JPG

!BSIysB!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKiIEjlLm(KVwBKBuLsYSDg~~_1.JPG

Lefty, I hate to dis a seller, but I am not pleased with this guy. He sold me a hat advertised as 'never worn' that was moth-ridden and hat all sorts of hair oil stains on the liner. His email responses regarding various hats were ridiculously evasive. On the other hand, his hats are selling for peanuts, so it's hard to get burned to badly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner