Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
Won this one. Homburg - Fedora? Also a new company to me. It appears to be new old stock from the late 50s. Looking forward to it's arrival.

!BU0CwGgCGk~$(KGrHgoOKiIEjlLmWN(BBKPc6Ce6+g~~_1.JPG

!BU0C++wBWk~$(KGrHgoOKj0EjlLmTLjuBKPc8+nv+g~~_1.JPG

That is an interesting one! Congratulations :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I mast have somehow missed it while checking out the US Market lol

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mayserwegener said:
Won this one. Homburg - Fedora? Also a new company to me. It appears to be new old stock from the late 50s. Looking forward to it's arrival.

!BU0CwGgCGk~$(KGrHgoOKiIEjlLmWN(BBKPc6Ce6+g~~_1.JPG
Fedora. Which will be clear when it arrives when you snap down the brim.

Dreispitz said:
That is an interesting one! Congratulations :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I mast have somehow missed it while checking out the US Market lol

Thanks! I will take some better pictures when it arrives.

Yes I saw your beautiful Stetson win. Congrats!

feltfan said:
Fedora. Which will be clear when it arrives when you snap down the brim.

Yes now that I look at it again. Also the ribbon. The side curl plus front and back made me question.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Things that make you go "Huh".

Like this no-name hat that, for some inexplicable reason, went north of $300! [huh]

280297327_tp.jpg

280297553_tp.jpg

I'll bet even the seller is scratching his head over this one! And laughing all the way to the bank, as they say. lol

Cheers,
Tom

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Whoa, I wouldn't pay $5 for that hat.[huh]

I sure don't get it. Yeah, I'll bet rilico's real happy.

I may have to put my '40s 7 3/8 Borsalino with Cavanagh Edge on there, as I could use a quick cash inflow like that!

Brad

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Tango Yankee said:
Like this no-name hat that, for some inexplicable reason, went north of $300! [huh]

I'll bet even the seller is scratching his head over this one! And laughing all the way to the bank, as they say. lol

Cheers,
Tom

Incredible, the seller even says: "It bears no maker's name, only the phrase "DeLuxe Quality," which appears to be a wild exaggeration"

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
That could be one of rilico's biggest hit :) so weird that it's achieved by a no-name dirty hat lol whereas he's been selling so many nice hats, I believe he never got this much!

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
So many brown hats...

Too many. I need a grey one particularly. But this was too good to pass up for $23 - here is the original eBay picture:

ebay01.jpg

I had a feeling it would turn out well, since its flaws in the photograph seemed to be the fault of the photographer. It's got hair and dust on it, but is otherwise very very nice. Here's a sunlight pic from when I got it today - it's a lovely deep brown.

100_1213.jpg

Now it looks like this -

100_1228.jpg

Here are some pictures of the lining and sweatband. I think it is fairly recent, maybe the 60's or 70's--does anyone know? I don't know how to tell - the picture is blurry, but the lining is marked "Qualita Superiore" and "Alessandria." It is a "Baskin" (and came in a Baskin box), which I have read somewhere on the lounge might be a department store. It also says "Torino" on the front of the sweatband.

100_1221.jpg

ebaysweat.jpg

The sad part is that it's a size too large for me...even though the listing said 7 1/8! It's clearly marked 7 1/4 in the sweatband and fits like it, even with some paper in the sweatband...this was the best headshot I got.

100_1230.jpg

EDIT: Added the original eBay picture at the top.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
Tango Yankee said:

280297327_tp.jpg

280297553_tp.jpg

Cheers,
Tom

Because the description was funny and because of the lurid color? It has...character of an unsavory sort.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Michaelshane said:
I bet no one on the lounge bought that....:eusa_doh:

I really wanted to try to convince you guys that I bought it but I couldn't type it with a straight face.

I wish him luck collecting from the 'lucky winner' who discovers his high bid got put to the test.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
I really wanted to try to convince you guys that I bought it but I couldn't type it with a straight face.

I wish him luck collecting from the 'lucky winner' who discovers his high bid got put to the test.

I don't think there's anything you could have written that would have gotten us to bite, Gene! lol

I'm looking at the automatic bidding history. The final winner was also the first bidder, and all of his bids were automatic after that--in other words, he'd put in a $315+ bid for that hat at the beginning. A couple of people tried him, but then m***m decided to see if he could find e***o's max bid. He gave it 18 or 19 bids before he gave up at $310.99 with e***o at $315.99. He was at it for over 2 hours, ending yesterday morning!:eek:

I can't believe that someone with 695 rated transactions wouldn't have used a sniper instead. :eusa_doh:

Ah, well... as we've noted before, there's no accounting for eBay! :p

Cheers,
Tom

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Tango Yankee said:
I'll bet even the seller is scratching his head over this one! And laughing all the way to the bank, as they say.

That IS really bizarre. I don't get it at all. I'd hate to take the money in a situation like that. I know it's not the seller's fault, but it seems to me that taking that much money for that hat actually reflects poorly on the seller.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Chiliarches said:
Too many. I need a grey one particularly. But this was too good to pass up for $23 -

Here are some pictures of the lining and sweatband. I think it is fairly recent, maybe the 60's or 70's--does anyone know? I don't know how to tell - the picture is blurry, but the lining is marked "Qualita Superiore" and "Alessandria." It is a "Baskin" (and came in a Baskin box), which I have read somewhere on the lounge might be a department store. It also says "Torino" on the front of the sweatband.

100_1221.jpg

ebaysweat.jpg

The sad part is that it's a size too large for me...even though the listing said 7 1/8! It's clearly marked 7 1/4 in the sweatband and fits like it, even with some paper in the sweatband...this was the best headshot I got.

Haha - I hate it when I get a Borsalino 7 1/4 for $23!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran