Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edible Gold Leaf

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
51AV1722CPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Champagne with Gold leaf
Has anyone used gold leaf in Cocktails or Food?

Im considering baking some Muffins/Cupcakes using it with Gold paper cases

Brooksie

One Too Many
I have never used it myself in cooking however I have consumed it: for Dia De Los Muertos I got a solid dark chocolate devil face that had edible gold leaf so the entire face looked like gold - it was pretty cool and tasted good too.

Brooksie

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
The liquor known as Goldschlager has gold leaf floating in it. Edible, and to my knowledge non life threatening.
Although I personally have had ill effects from imbibing too much of any alcoholic beverage...:eusa_doh:

dr greg

One Too Many
merde l'or

or something similar,to me the consumption of gold just because you can is a ridiculous affectation, as the stuff would not be digested, just passed on so to speak, silver on the other hand has reputed virus-killing properties and other health benefits so there is possibly some sense in consuming small quantities thereof although the evidence is patchy, I eat with silver cutlery just in case.
http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090116/REVIEW/586413831/1008

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Yes, gold leaf is the hip new cocktail garnish. I had it served to me as above, with champagne, at a wedding reception around two or three years ago. Since then I've been noticing it on the cocktail menu at several restaurant/bars in my neighborhoods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran