Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG Trunk Show DC

Barry

Practically Family
I went to the Sky Valet Edward Green trunk show today. I live near Sky Valet so it was a quick and short walk over to Georgetown. I met Hilary Freeman and saw some of the shoes. The shoes are amazing. It's too bad (but not too bad for my wallet) that the shoes are not a good match for me. They could easily make a pair but if I ever need a new leg brace it would cause issues. Of couse, they could work on the shoes but it just didn't seem to be worth it.

Nonetheless it was great just to drool over the shoes (the options and details are unbeliveable) and to catch up with the owner about the Alden shoes I ordered a couple of months back.

The owner of Alden will be making an appearance in DC soon too from what I hear.

Barry

Barry

Practically Family
Orgetorix said:
Is the show just today? I might have to swing by if it's still going on tomorrow.

It will be going on tomorrow too.

www.skyvalet1.com

They were very upfront with me about my issues and I appreciated that.

The owner of Alden will be at the store next weekend and should be at the main DC store next week as well.

Barry

Barry

Practically Family
Orgetorix said:
I'm not within spitting distance of being able to afford EGs, but I'd love to stop by and ogle a bit.

They are steep. Right now I'm paying $100-150 on top of whatever Allen Edmonds and Alden shoes I purchase due to my fitting issues. That still doesn't even get close to the EG shoes. They're nice to look at though. They'll show you some great shoes.

This is a bit off topic but I told another lounge member about a program that AE offers. If you want to customize shoes you normally have to pay $100 extra per pair. If you purchase a number of shoes the same day you can pay $100 and it covers all of the pairs. In three to four weeks they'll be at your door. They've got a lot of swatches you can flip through.

Barry

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Barry said:
They are steep. Right now I'm paying $100-150 on top of whatever Allen Edmonds and Alden shoes I purchase due to my fitting issues. That still doesn't even get close to the EG shoes. They're nice to look at though. They'll show you some great shoes.

This is a bit off topic but I told another lounge member about a program that AE offers. If you want to customize shoes you normally have to pay $100 extra per pair. If you purchase a number of shoes the same day you can pay $100 and it covers all of the pairs. In three to four weeks they'll be at your door. They've got a lot of swatches you can flip through.

Barry

That's great. Unfortunately, I'm not really within spitting distance of AEs or Aldens at retail prices, either. :D

GateXC

One of the Regulars
Barry - you must have met my friend Rob at the show. He's the British guy who was probably running the show - mid-30s, dark, longish hair.

Barry

Practically Family
GateXC said:
Barry - you must have met my friend Rob at the show. He's the British guy who was probably running the show - mid-30s, dark, longish hair.

Does he wear glasses? I remember one taller, slim guy with glasses and longer hair.

I spoke to Hilary and one British guy. The guy I spoke to had shorter hair though. They are going to look into things for me. However, as I said, it might not be worth it if my brace size ever changes.

Barry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR