Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ELC knits

bfrench

Familiar Face
greyhound68 said:
I am one of those guys that got the knits replaced on my original RW A2 they were in shreds. So no chance in keeping them. I got Flight Suits to do the replacement (which they don't do any more rats). The knits are very close to original and the work superb. It is a shame they don't do this anymore. I do have a local person who does very good work and has replaced zippers, put on patches, and even cuffs. Grant is right you have got to find the right person to do this type of work or the job looks terrible.

Hi, Guys,

This is something I came across yesterday while looking for info on knit replacements.

US Wings will repair / restore any make jacket including knit replacement - I think the cost is around $100.00 for complete knits.

I have no knowledge as to their workmanship but it could be something to look into with a lesser valuable jacket to check quality.

Bill French

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I would be careful about using US Wings for that sort of work, as they don't really make repros and probably don't even have 100% wool knits on hand.

No slur on their workmanship or products, but they are essentially making current-spec jackets, which is a whole other (and far less exacting) thing. I would want to be sure of the quality of their knits (or supply them myself) before entrusting a good repro, or an original, A-2 (etc.) to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21