Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ELMC J100

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know there is another thread that started on this but it degraded significantly into another topic.

Has anyone actually seen/handled/own one of these and can give some first hand experience? I’m thinking bad thoughts....

f4eee76ae26b81623615a662ca7dd868.jpg

649f52479676208a5704d7c493f4eb27.jpg

PN with your navy board racer why even consider it? I know I'm in no position to judge based on a sordid public forum history but....Base not covered?

ProteinNerd

I’d sell the DD and possibly the Aero, just trying to figure out if it’s effectively and “upgrade” to make that worth it....probably not.

Just thought I’d ask for opinions from anyone that has actually seen or got one.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I’d sell the DD and possibly the Aero, just trying to figure out if it’s effectively and “upgrade” to make that worth it....probably not.

Just thought I’d ask for opinions from anyone that has actually seen or got one.

I have handled a couple at the pop up store, they looked really nice.
They use the same leather as your Californian so no surprise there, the lining is a very soft twill, similar in touch to the lining in the Californian, but thicker.
Not sure what else to say... It's a nice J-100 and the double stitch lines are different.
I didn't try it on, i was there to try A-1s

Edit: Actually, i just remember thinking that the added "piping" either side of the zippers looks awesome in real life. It's more obvious than in photos.

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

I have handled a couple at the pop up store, they looked really nice.
They use the same leather as your Californian so no surprise there, the lining is a very soft twill, similar in touch to the lining in the Californian, but thicker.
Not sure what else to say... It's a nice J-100 and the double stitch lines are different.
I didn't try it on, i was there to try A-1s

Thanks, if I remember correctly you have a diamond Dave J 100 as well right?

Any thoughts on the comparison between the two?

Superfluous

Personally, I would group the Aero and ELMC cafe racers in the same general tranche in terms of quality, with the DD a tic behind. Therefore, the ELMC does not strike me as a material "upgrade" over the Aero, and only a marginal upgrade over the DD (if at all). If I were starting from scratch, I would probably select the ELMC over the DD, and perhaps also over the Aero (not sure about this), but I don't think I would sell a good fitting Aero cafe racer to buy an ELMC cafe racer. On the other hand, I might sell a DD cafe racer in order to buy an ELMC cafe racer, although I am not sure what the DD jacket will fetch on the secondary market. The fact that you already have at least one, and perhaps multiple, ELMC jackets further weighs against the ELMC cafe racer (assuming diversity is a consideration).

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, if I remember correctly you have a diamond Dave J 100 as well right?

Any thoughts on the comparison between the two?

I might not be the best person to ask, i hate my DD J-100, the only reason i still have it is because it is unsellable...
IMO the ELMC is better stitched, has much better attention to detail, and a much nicer lining. The only thing i prefer about the DD is the Shinki leather.
Like i added to my previous post, the piping in the ELMC looks great, and kinda made me want to get one. I actually didn't try it because i didn't want to know if it fit me...

Is it an upgrade from an Aero? I don't know, both are good, i would keep the one that fits the best.
I do know that if the ELMC fit me as well as the DD i would swap without a second thought.

Fonzie

One Too Many
Looks like you’re becoming quite fond of ELMC jackets, can’t blame you, they’re awesome.
I personally think that the ELMC J-100 looks better than your DD, I’m not sure what similar Aero you have though but if you paid full price for both of them it’s probably not worth losing at least 50% of each to get the one ELMC.
I’d keep the ones you already have.

ProteinNerd

Looks like you’re becoming quite fond of ELMC jackets, can’t blame you, they’re awesome.
I personally think that the ELMC J-100 looks better than your DD, I’m not sure what similar Aero you have though but if you paid full price for both of them it’s probably not worth losing at least 50% of each to get the one ELMC.
I’d keep the ones you already have.

Yeah I’m really enjoying the ELMC jackets and styling, luckily for me they seem to fit me well off the rack with no customisation needed.

Their mid weight leather seems to suit the climate here and the quality is great. I’ve only paid full price for 1 out of the 3 that I have, so I’ve been very lucky considering the retail price tag on them.

The Aero is the Blue Vicenza I got via Nick, so that wasn’t full price either but I’d probably keep that and just move on the DD thinking more about it.

I do wonder if the sleeve zip with no gusset would be a bother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner