Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

kyboots

Practically Family
Does anyone in the nyc area have recommendations for a good cobbler, specifically working with engineer boots? I have a pair that fit perfectly but have awful heel slippage due to the smooth leather lining. a roughout leather heel insert seems like it would be the perfect solution but i don't really trust cobblers in the area to work with boots
If the boots are new this may correct itself. Don't fix something that should not be fixed yet.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very cool, thanks! I thought the one pair might be Bucos. I am a size 13, so a lot of the really nice options are out for me.
Too bad. I have a different issue. I wear EE to EEE boots hence the Motor. Lone Wolf with the E width also somehow fits me. The Buco, Beck, Lofgren etc however are all too narrow for me.

strokes1251

Practically Family
My navy Wescos after half a year of wear and man they are tough! Lol I retired my rrls so I can focus on just these man There gonna look good in a couple of years :D
20l1h50.jpg

I'm sick of these boots. I absolutely love them but for years I've trying to find a pair that wouldn't be an utter pain to wear and I've just recently finally accepted the fact that such a thing doesn't exist and I'm giving up. Been wearing then on and off for 20 years I think. The most beautiful footwear that ever existed but I'm done with 'em.

bn1966

Off to American Classics next Sunday for a new Stetson cap, going to look at theIr Engineer boots whilst I'm there thanks to Panhead....Bank Manager won't be too impressed :)

ProteinNerd

I'm sick of these boots. I absolutely love them but for years I've trying to find a pair that wouldn't be an utter pain to wear and I've just recently finally accepted the fact that such a thing doesn't exist and I'm giving up. Been wearing then on and off for 20 years I think. The most beautiful footwear that ever existed but I'm done with 'em.

Maybe you just need to try a few more to find the one that works for you...dont give up :p

Maybe you just need to try a few more to find the one that works for you...dont give up :p

I don't know which one... Japanese look just as uncomfortable and they're too pricey. I've stopped paying huge amounts of money for boots or shoes because I destroy them. I walk a lot. Miles every day. I try to do everything on foot, I love walking and these boots seem to be just for the show. I mean, what's the point of that white thread at the sole if it disappears after five miles?

bn1966

Flipping narrow ankles is my cross to bear, need to find something where I don't get heel slippage :) usually resort to lace up boots to get around this issue. Lately I've got German Para boots for the Bike & Sanders Commando soled Brogue boots for general wear.

I really want a pair of Engineers!!!

bn1966

Boy, my Bank Manager is going to be sore at you Panhead!!!

I want a pair of Engineer Boots!!!!!!!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Off to American Classics next Sunday for a new Stetson cap, going to look at theIr Engineer boots whilst I'm there thanks to Panhead....Bank Manager won't be too impressed :)
Is that the Kings Road shop, they also have or had another store in Endel Street Covent Garden. You should have gone there 25-30 years ago, they would sell so much of the genuine American clothing on here that the Yanks didn't want at the time.
Personally I was probably more into A2s and G1s rather than Hercule's type jackets, secondhand denim and stuff like that. Engineer boots of course, no new in those days and Hawaiian shirts of course.
No doubt there were American collectors but we had the Rockerbilly revival thing going on here and the clothes were imported by the container load to wear rather than stick in a home museum so to speak. A lot of stuff I imagine simply got worn out beyond further use and binned. Bit of a shame but then at least the clothing had a second life.
The interest in general clothing from the 1940s and earlier was to come a little later, by then Classics started to stock new items and repro
stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21