Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They're great for standing and walking on concrete. I have about every possible type of sole available in my boot collection and Vibram Christy style wedge soles are really the most appropriate for city life. The nitrile cork soles on the Iron Rangers and other Red Wing boots are much more durable but are very hard and you can feel it in your bones after a day walking on concrete surfaces. Lug soles aren't as hard but pick up garbage and track it all over the place. Leather soles aren't really appropriate for work boots IMO because they soak up water, oil and dirt and wear quickly. Each sole type has it's place but if you're going to be standing or walking on concrete all day a soft wedge sole is a great option.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Those actually look really nice casechopper! I don't know if I would personally go for that look, but they do look pretty cool and look better than I would've expected.

On another note, I still haven't posted decent pics of my Lofgrens and I just scored a pair of Clinch as well. I'll have to post pics of both when they get here.

belopsky

A-List Customer
I am waiting on a pair of brown/black Lone Wolf boots. by the looks of things..I am going to get hit with import duties. Have been in customs since Dec 27 (another Rakuten order was placed after the boots and currently am wearing it..)

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I am waiting on a pair of brown/black Lone Wolf boots. by the looks of things..I am going to get hit with import duties. Have been in customs since Dec 27 (another Rakuten order was placed after the boots and currently am wearing it..)
Sucks about customs, but those seem pretty cool. Do you have any teaser pics to show?

Eglicomet

New in Town
If anyone is looking, I just got a bunch of buckle sets (1" and 5/8") in nickel, brass and aged brass. If there is interest I will post photos. I purchased them for my boots but have some left over...

Kato

Familiar Face
If anyone is looking, I just got a bunch of buckle sets (1" and 5/8") in nickel, brass and aged brass. If there is interest I will post photos. I purchased them for my boots but have some left over...

I don't know if I am interested if you don't post the pictures ....XDDD

belopsky

A-List Customer
Sucks about customs, but those seem pretty cool. Do you have any teaser pics to show?
They finally came. Got hit with taxes.
tYSoSPMl.jpg

belopsky

A-List Customer
I'll try to wear them in some..weather isn't great right now.

Now I am eyeing these Craft-Rite but 1. Surely dont NEED boots and 2. Don't know sizing..and my size may be out of stock.
ca115094ec6e046c86249ae70fb23220.jpg

Might just get some cheaper Pistolero short boots in a suede to beat em up

pis-0612-sand-1.jpg

53Effie

A-List Customer
@casechopper. Have you had the ankle strap lengthened on the Open Road's? I bought mine several years ago and the strap is much shorter than yours. The strap length on your boots really looks really sharp.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Hi and thanks for the quick reply. That's just not fair ya know. They look so much better with the longer strap. At any rate they are good boots in my opinion. Tough and very comfortable. I have the mini-lug soles on mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy