Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Every mention of Alexander Leathers has been completely eliminated from the forum!?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Probably because it was life expired and re-covering the same material over and over or maybe just pointless questions to which there are no answers as yet.
Just my thoughts, J

Cooperson

One Too Many
I for one am quite pleased the main thread was deleted. I tried to stay out of it for the most part but the whole tone of the thread had gone way beyond what I thought the standards of the Fedora Lounge stood for. I also have no dog in this hunt, but I would at least like to hear both sides of the story before I draw any conclusions.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I read them all as I am sure did many others, time to move on I guess, and after someone posted a full page of forum rules I think that was the final straw. I am curious to see examples when posted though.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Has to be said, it wasn't a bar tender who did that, but I'm not surprised it's gone. I agree with John, it had become self-defeating.

Probably because it was life expired and re-covering the same material over and over or maybe just pointless questions to which there are no answers as yet.
Just my thoughts, J

Kind of like the majority of posts on this forum, eh?
I know, how about another "Which Aero should I get" thread?? :eusa_doh:

Got to admit, I'm a fan of the philosophy of, as long as people are not being rude, letting a thread run it's course.
If somebody doesn't want to read it/is tired of it, they don't have to visit it. Simple as that.
Otherwise it's "I don't like what those people are talking about over there. I'm going to close it down."

The VAT thread got the boot some time back. That subject seems to keep finding a way to boil up.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
"Got tried with the VAT thread. That subject seems to keep finding a way to boil up."

Where money is involved, there's always an argument to be had. :) Talking of which, I notice George Harrison's jacket went for £110,000. I wonder if they threw in a bottle of Pecards with that ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16736

What's wrong with "Which Aero Should I Get" threads? We're here to talk about jackets. What do you want to talk about on a jackets forum -- handkerchiefs?

Kind of like the majority of posts on this forum, eh?
I know, how about another "Which Aero should I get" thread?? :eusa_doh:

Got to admit, I'm a fan of the philosophy of, as long as people are not being rude, letting a thread run it's course.
If somebody doesn't want to read it/is tired of it, they don't have to visit it. Simple as that.
Otherwise it's "I don't like what those people are talking about over there. I'm going to close it down."

The VAT thread got the boot some time back. That subject seems to keep finding a way to boil up.

I look at it like I'm visiting someone else's house when I post on this/any forum...and that house has house rules.
Just like my house. Most anyone is welcome. Most any subject can be discussed...but there are rules that must be respected. I 'can' terminate any subject at any time...and even show anyone the door. There is free speech within the limits I choose. Any conflict or argument can and will be stopped when my wife and son(the moderators) or I have had enough. If my 'guest' disagrees and insists that the conversation should continue untill everyone has a say and it finally dies out...then he can stand out on the sidewalk still talking to anyone who will listen...or go visit another friend who will allow him to rant and rave to his heart's content. Simple enough. Most anyone is welcome at HD's house within reason..but I'll set the course and how long it will run and always determine what I decide is reasonable and at any time.

Last edited:

GuyLdeB

New in Town
I'd have thought the whole Aero/Horween/Alexander Leather is exactly the kind of drama this forum should discuss (keeping it polite and non-libelous of course), its not as though the allegations etc have been made somewhere else, the original official joint statement was posted here, so why not the fallout too? People need to know what's what when deciding on which expensive leather jacket to invest in. But then again I'm not a moderator and its their house not mine. IMO if some action had to be taken I'd have preferred the thread to have been closed and available to view for posterity and not completely eradicated.

schitzo

Suspended
maybe it was incidental, but the thread vanished not long after somebody told both companies concerned to F off. And this was despite, apparently, not having had direct dealings with either

Perhaps then as an alternative these comments, and I would suggest this user's account, might have been deleted instead? Thereby enabling the overwhelming majority, who do respect house rules, to continue the discussion in a cordial manner

majormajor

One Too Many
maybe it was incidental, but the thread vanished not long after somebody told both companies concerned to F off. And this was despite, apparently, not having had direct dealings with either

Perhaps then as an alternative these comments, and I would suggest this user's account, might have been deleted instead? Thereby enabling the overwhelming majority, who do respect house rules, to continue the discussion in a cordial manner

I, for one, reported that particular post. Maybe others did too. With some folks quoting the rules and others telling folks to go forth and multiply, the thread had definitely gone beyond the pale.

One of the posts (the one containing defamatory statements) was also copied into another thread. I've reported that one too, but it is currently still there.:eeek:;)

nerkg

Familiar Face
There's so much funny buissness between aero and Alexander that hasn't come out yet, that's why big brother is deleting all this stuff.. People are tell FL to delete stuff for legal reasons Due to the court case which is pending, and when you guys here the truth Your tune will change. the landscape of this whole forum will. This message will self destruct in 1 min

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I look at it like I'm visiting someone else's house when I post on this/any forum...and that house has house rules.
Just like my house. Most anyone is welcome. Most any subject can be discussed...but there are rules that must be respected. I 'can' terminate any subject at any time...and even show anyone the door. There is free speech within the limits I choose. Any conflict or argument can and will be stopped when my wife and son(the moderators) or I have had enough. If my 'guest' disagrees and insists that the conversation should continue untill everyone has a say and it finally dies out...then he can stand out on the sidewalk still talking to anyone who will listen...or go visit another friend who will allow him to rant and rave to his heart's content. Simple enough. Most anyone is welcome at HD's house within reason..but I'll set the course and how long it will run and always determine what I decide is reasonable and at any time.

I think my old friend HD said it best and cannot improve on anything that he pointed out. I have always considered myself a guest here, and should I play the fool or act like a buffoon, I would expect a firm hand on the back of my shoulders as I am shown the door.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy