Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday Fellows of the Golden Era?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Best pic I have of my grandfather, c. 1952.

papa-copy2.jpg

He was about as Everyday a Fella as ever lived -- he used to give me rides on the grease rack and free Cokes out of the machine, and he used to take me to the dump with him on Saturdays to watch the seagulls while he burned piles of old tires. I miss him very much.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
amynbebes said:
My paternal grandpa. I'm fairly certain this has to be after he returned from WWII. He was a p.o.w. for 3.5 yrs and his family thought that he was dead.
pawpaw.jpg

Oh he was a handsome one. And I am glad as I am sure you are that he came back.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
My grandfather, Albert Amateis
scan0103.jpg

Grandpa with some of his siblings...
scan0005.jpg

The Amateis family, circa 1946 or so...the ornery looking one on the far left is my great-grandfather, Pietro Amateis. My dad says he always had a bottle of whiskey sitting by his chair. Hmm...maybe that's why there were so many alcoholics in the family!

scan0091.jpg

Oh! Can't forget this one. My great-grandfather before he came to America. This was taken in Italy. He's the one on the far-left.

AmateisPics005.jpg

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
My dad's oldest brother, Clyde, 1930's:

Clydevisitingathome.jpg

ClydeHaroldandtuba.jpg

Clydeinad.jpg

More of dad's brothers:

RayCharlesDon.jpg

Preston1933.jpg

This would have been the late 40's when my dad was a teenager, he's on the far right:

PrestonRayClydeWesley.jpg

As you can tell, they were a very musical family! :)

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
The little guy in the front is my grandfather. My great-grandfather and great-grandmother stand in the back. This was taken on their farm in New Jersey. Land was in our family for 200 years before being sold 2 decades ago. Talitha (my great grandmother) was a full-blooded member of one of the Algonquin tribes, but I'm not sure which.

32219_1346823182875_1000159432_30766807_1190962_n.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My grandfather (front row, third from the left with his hat in his hand) and his six brothers. I also have a photo of their seven sisters (yes, there were 14 children in the family). This photo was taken in august, 1928 at a family reunion.

DSC01518.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This photo was taken the same day in 1932 as the last one I posted. The caption on the back says, "I'm sure the topic of discussion was Roosevelt and Hoover."

DSC01528.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
doIhearafortynowfortydollarfortydollarbidnowfortyf ivefortyfivedollar...

ar75.jpg

“Big Shot that’s me all over. I’ll show you how I can auctioneer when you come out. This was taken after I had finished auctioneering a sale.” n/d, surely 1930s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy