Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday Women of the Golden Era

Drappa

One Too Many
The following are all people from my husband's family album, but we don't know who they are as his great aunt isn't able to tell us.
d7a504c2.jpg

a2f8e010.jpg

aeee0001.jpg

cbd619a1.jpg

4c166e32.jpg

56908ea4.jpg

susan

Familiar Face
I bought a small box with loose pictures on the fleamarket...:)

The dress on the right looks so beautiful, I love the bow detail ;)
40er+Jahre+Weihnachten.jpg

1949+Passau.jpg

1958+Sommer.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I was looking through the archives of http://ofanotherfashion.tumblr.com/ when I came across this picture. I LOVE this one!
tumblr_liwjpgX6wp1qfu6z3.jpg

The caption from the blog reads:
Not all women in the 1920s were flappers. This California-based Chicana gunslinger in pants, button down shirt, and tie is Maria Alatorre (ca. 1925). I love photos like this because they’re visual evidence of the wide range of femininities that have always existed.

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
Agreed! I would love love love to have a pair of those boots and a coat!

I know! :D As soon as I put these up on facebook there was a flurry of tagging and I learned the beautiful girl on the left is my meme's sister Gertrude. My mom said "oh, she was the weird one" but then it made me think right away how much she looks like Madonna in A League of Their Own.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
More everyday in London at War 1940 -

- Girls sleeping in the underground passages and dressing rooms at the Windmill Theater during the London blitz

3472651741_2f44cd678b_o.jpg

It's not unusual for me to find old photos stuck between the pages of books that I buy. Here's a few of them. I love old photos but I hate the postage stamp-sized prints that they frequently came in.

SCN_0004.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff