Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday Women of the Golden Era

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Audrey Horne said:
3034772449_9c516cca77.jpg

3035604210_cdef03bc50.jpg

3034775267_0acdb636e6.jpg

The first two are my grandmother (on the right), the third is my great aunt. These should be from the mid 40s.

You look Identical to your grandmother! So Beautiful! I thought the first picture was you.. then had to take a double take.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
My great-great aunts in Jamaica Plain, MA- they were twins :)

twins.jpg

Different great--great aunt (18 yrs old?), and grandma (14-16?) sledding in Minnesota.
sled.jpg

Great grandpa... in DRAG!!! This was what happened when you had a lot of sisters in law and a healthy sense of humor. lol

drag1.jpg

Great grandma with great grandpa.

greatgs.jpg

DaisieWilde

Familiar Face
Oh my GOSH what a darling thread! I'm bookmarking it. I'm so giddy looking at all these great pictures.

I have a few of my grandma, but they are on a DVD. I don't think I can remove them (it's a photo montage from her memorial service).

It was that DVD that inspired me to go vintage.

Wonderful posts!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
scan0088.jpg

My great-grandmother. Her real name was Domenica, but everyone always called her "Nona."

And here is my grandmother.

scan0101.jpg

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Sorry this one isn't bigger - I think I have another version on my home computer somewhere.

This is my grandmother, her cousin, and her sister.

banner-1.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Okay, here we go - and I apologize for the poor quality, they are scans of scanned photos - we cannot get our mom to part with any photos for love or money ;)

My mother and grandmother, about 1948.

3484015932_e26ca2a405.jpg

(from left to right) My maternal Great-great grandmother, my great-grandmother, my great-aunt and her daughter (my cousin), about 1950.

3483201515_55128c28f6.jpg

My mom as a teenager in Cuba (on the left), about 1951 would be my guess, with friends.

3484015496_30d0fafdaa.jpg

And just for fun, my Mom at age 23, when I was a pudgy baby, also in Cuba:

3483169909_48a6ce84e7_o.jpg

I hope you enjoy them, our photos are treasures because we could not leave Cuba with any in 1965 and had to rely on family and friends to give us copies throughout the years.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Wow, Inky, what a great story behind the photos. It's amazing how much we take for granted sometimes - even down to precious family photos!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I was hoping I'd find this photo - and I did! I just love this picture of my grandmother (on the left) with her cousin, Dolly.

grandma_dolly.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thanks to everyone for posting pics!
Inky, I love this shot. Your mother looks so smart, confident, and haughty (in a good way), a natural leader.
My mother and grandmother, about 1948.
3484015932_e26ca2a405.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Thank you and I am glad you enjoyed the pictures, AmateisGal. I love the jodhpurs and plaid skirt in your photo - so relaxed!

Cherry Lips
, you must know my mother personally ;) Actually the first time I ever saw that photo was this past holiday season and I said to Mom, "well, if your soul was ever captured on film, it was in this picture." And to think, she's was only about 12 or 13 in that shot!

She is all the things you said and more, and I can only love her more for it all the time :)

Foofoogal

Banned
CopyofMama1.jpg

my mom and best friend.

Copyofmom3.jpg

My mil.
Copy2ofmama.jpg

mama and her friend doing hitchhiker dance I believe.

CopyofBoyd5.jpg

mama on end with glasses with her sil's and my paternal grandfather.
How cool are those glasses?
Boyd2-1.jpg

]
Boyd9.jpg

last 2 are of my mother in her sailor dress and my raving redheaded Aunt Ola Mae.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
This is a picture of a picture that's why the quality isn't so good. I took this when I visited my grandmother a few weeks ago. This is her in 1944 and *her* grandmother. I love mom-mom's outfit and hair in this pic. I was quizzing her about them! lol

3109_76571579163_624014163_1735915_4588431_n.jpg

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
LelaViavonie said:
You look Identical to your grandmother! So Beautiful! I thought the first picture was you.. then had to take a double take.
Thanks, that's sweet of you to say! She was an amazing lady :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails