Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
"Hey, whatcha doin'?

7415743374_74b928cfe6_z.jpg

OMG! What a cutie!!! :D

It's kind of funny that you were mentioning about posting pictures. As I was reading I was almost going to suggest the same thing. lol

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Does anybody go through this?

I was at an antique shop and there was an item that I wanted to buy. I think of it more as an novelty item than a valuable collectible. However, I think partly because of the name engraved on it, it was being priced way more than what I think it is worth. What do you suppose is in a name when it comes to vintage? Is it really worth so much more because it has a recognizable name attached to it?

I always do! You know I'm ALWAYS on my best behavior :p

That's good advice Tom! I want you to get to your house safely. :D

I'm up for that, especially if Wisconsin can be someplace with mild seasons year round lol

Thank you Tom! :) I just wish Wisconsin was so much closer though. [sigh] Are we allowed to rearrange the entire United States? I think it needs to be remapped. :D

I hope to stay!

Thank you, I'M BACK!!

Hey, Jimmy. I was at the Car Show at the Fairgrounds today and there was a beautiful 1957 60 Series Fleetwood 4-door hardtop there. I was instantly in love.

Have you seen the new part of the park yet VC? I haven't yet. I'm blocked until August. :(

Long time, no see, DecoDoll! I was there on Opening Day when I took that pic. The line to the Radiator Springs Racers was so long I couldn't even get near enough to take any decent pics (I didn't think I was going to go on it this time around) -- When I was there it was a two hour wait. Nowadays when I'm there I seem to spend more time walking around and taking pictures than going on the rides.

DSCF6793-1.jpg

DSCF6668.jpg

DSCF6729.jpg

The day wasn't all that bad though! :D
DSCF6697.jpg

And the original postcard pic
DSCF6792.jpg

Last edited:

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Long time, no see, DecoDoll! I was there on Opening Day when I took that pic. The line to the Radiator Springs Racers was so long I couldn't even get near enough to take any decent pics (I didn't think I was going to go on it this time around) -- When I was there it was a two hour wait. Nowadays when I'm there I seem to spend more time walking around and taking pictures than going on the rides.

DSCF6793-1.jpg

DSCF6668.jpg

DSCF6729.jpg

The day wasn't all that bad though! :D
DSCF6697.jpg

And the original postcard pic
DSCF6792.jpg

I had heard on the news that the wait for one of the rides on opening day was six hours! :eeek: My friend and I were thinking that waiting to go (and not paying the 40 dollars to go in on our block out date) might not be such a bad idea (considering the crazy lines!). How does Buena Vista Street look?

Thank you for sharing the pictures! Those were nice to see. :)

I have this one with the Red Car.

http://w.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=6356&pin=86915

I would love to get this one. :)

http://w.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=6356&pin=87727

If I can't. That's okay. As long as I find one that has a Red Car on it. :D

There are a lot of pictures of the Red Car pins on this site.

http://w.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=6356

Did they have a lot of pins available when you went? Were any sold out?

Last edited:
Hey, Jimmy. I was at the Car Show at the Fairgrounds today and there was a beautiful 1957 60 Series Fleetwood 4-door hardtop there. I was instantly in love.

It is a nice car that is for sure. The problems with my example were numerous and I just told the guy that I wasn't going to insult him with a low offer. It is just too much work for me to handle. The thing had been sitting for years fine but I jumped int he thing and drove it about ten feeet and kenw this wasn't it. The brakes clunked when applied, the transmission would barely move the car and I couldn't see the transmission indicator. The seat adjuster was set just about full forward and when I went to adjust it the whole switch moved and nothing happened.
I took it back and looked the car over more. It was originally a pink car that someone had painted blue by the numbers. It had plenty of options but there was rust here and there. I looked under the car and it was leaking decently from several places. Moving to the rear of the car, I found the spare tire well was rusted through, the trunk closer motor wasn't working but it did have a new exhaust system. :p
I could go on but the list was nearly endless and I just stopped looking after a while. It was disappointing to say the least.
The day over in Freako wasn't a complete loss though. I got there early and found ahippie selling "native plants" in a makeshift nursery. He had some goats out back and let my sons feed them a basket of leaves and branches. Dang, those things will eat anything. It seems he rents them out to clear land of weeds for property owners. The turn them loose and let them lawnmower their way across the property. I think I might have some work for him on some junk property I own. :p

I had heard on the news that the wait for one of the rides on opening day was six hours! :eeek: My friend and I were thinking that waiting to go (and not paying the 40 dollars to go in on our block out date) might not be such a bad idea (considering the crazy lines!). How does Buena Vista Street look?

Thank you for sharing the pictures! Those were nice to see. :)

I have this one with the Red Car.

http://w.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=6356&pin=86915

I would love to get this one. :)

http://w.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=6356&pin=87727

If I can't. That's okay. As long as I find one that has a Red Car on it. :D

There are a lot of pictures of the Red Car pins on this site.

http://w.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=6356

Did they have a lot of pins available when you went? Were any sold out?

I got there fairly late and it took a bit of a longer while to find out where they pins were being sold but I still managed to get the ones I wanted. Though I wish I had went back again to get more. I'm now looking for the rest of the pins. There's a collectibles shop on Beach and Ball, right in between Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm, that specializes in Disney pins. And for Carl, here's another pic of Flo's.

DSCF6878.jpg

And this is the one I want as I saw the cast members actually wearing them.
http://w.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=6356&pin=90406

pin90406

The day over in Freako wasn't a complete loss though. I got there early and found ahippie selling "native plants" in a makeshift nursery. He had some goats out back and let my sons feed them a basket of leaves and branches. Dang, those things will eat anything. It seems he rents them out to clear land of weeds for property owners. The turn them loose and let them lawnmower their way across the property. I think I might have some work for him on some junk property I own. :p

Goats kind of creep me out.

Last edited:

It is a nice car that is for sure. The problems with my example were numerous and I just told the guy that I wasn't going to insult him with a low offer. It is just too much work for me to handle. The thing had been sitting for years fine but I jumped in the thing and drove it about ten feeet and kenw this wasn't it. The brakes clunked when applied, the transmission would barely move the car and I couldn't see the transmission indicator. The seat adjuster was set just about full forward and when I went to adjust it the whole switch moved and nothing happened.
I took it back and looked the car over more. It was originally a pink car that someone had painted blue by the numbers. It had plenty of options but there was rust here and there. I looked under the car and it was leaking decently from several places. Moving to the rear of the car, I found the spare tire well was rusted through, the trunk closer motor wasn't working but it did have a new exhaust system. :p
I could go on but the list was nearly endless and I just stopped looking after a while. It was disappointing to say the least.
The day over in Freako wasn't a complete loss though. I got there early and found a hippie selling "native plants" in a makeshift nursery. He had some goats out back and let my sons feed them a basket of leaves and branches. They loved it. lol lol Dang, those things will eat anything. It seems he rents them out to clear land of weeds for property owners. The turn them loose and let them lawnmower their way across the property. I think I might have some work for him on some junk property I own. :p

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
I got there fairly late and it took a bit of a longer while to find out where they pins were being sold but I still managed to get the ones I wanted. Though I wish I had went back again to get more. I'm now looking for the rest of the pins. There's a collectibles shop on Beach and Ball, right in between Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm, that specializes in Disney pins. And for Carl, here's another pic of Flo's.

DSCF6878.jpg

Is Buena Vista Street open now? I hated that detour thing in the front! lol Does it look nice? Sorry. So many questions! :D

Thanks for suggesting the pins place. I'll have to check that out when I am around the area.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. You would have liked this '57; she was show quality.

Not for sale I am guessing. :p
After that experience, I have just decided to further restore some of my own. Finding something decent now is nearly impossible without blowing a ton of money. I am going to the upholsterer tomorrow and making an appointment to re upholster the leather seating in the '75. It might not be a 57 but it sure isn't falling apart and I can drive her anywhere. :p

There's three vintage and collectible toy places there. The Disney pin place is on the southwest corner of Beach and Ball near the El Pollo Loco. Buena Vista Street looks great

DSCF6672.jpg

Here's how the area looked back in November
DSCF4053.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn