Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Still pricey out there? Stuff can be had on the cheap here, cheaper than I remember in the past 10-15 years.

Not for sale I am guessing. :p
After that experience, I have just decided to further restore some of my own. Finding something decent now is nearly impossible without blowing a ton of money. I am going to the upholsterer tomorrow and making an appointment to re upholster the leather seating in the '75. It might not be a 57 but it sure isn't falling apart and I can drive her anywhere. :p

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Dang, those things will eat anything. It seems he rents them out to clear land of weeds for property owners. The turn them loose and let them lawnmower their way across the property. I think I might have some work for him on some junk property I own. :p

I'm not sure if the goats are still there, but I have been meaning to check.

For a while they let loose some goats near Angels Flight to deal with the weeds. :)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2010/07/goats-near-angels-flight.html

Goats+by+Angels+Flight+railway+Los+Angeles.JPG

[video=youtube;vJl03LBAQNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJl03LBAQNk[/video]

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you think there's little to do in Iowa, then you're not looking hard enough. ;)

As far as plentiful booze? My husband is always complaining how he can never get his hands on Templeton Rye.

If you're in IA, you'll hav eto get a hold of my lady who goes by the handle of MissHawthorne here on the lounge. She's trying to get me out of the house more, and we're always looking for vintage people with whom we might be social.

Templeton is just darn near impossible to find, isn't it? Too bad, it's supposed to be great stuff.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
^^ That's what I keep hearing anyway. ;) My husband being of such ancestry prefers Irish whiskey but as much as he complains, I'm sure he wouldn't turn down some Templeton if he was offered. In fact we were out perusing the local antique market and he ran across a vintage still from the factory but it wasn't complete. I'm sure if it was all there, we may have just walked out of the store with it.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^^ That's what I keep hearing anyway. ;) My husband being of such ancestry prefers Irish whiskey but as much as he complains, I'm sure he wouldn't turn down some Templeton if he was offered. In fact we were out perusing the local antique market and he ran across a vintage still from the factory but it wasn't complete. I'm sure if it was all there, we may have just walked out of the store with it.

Ah moonshining. Now that sounds like a great time. I've been half tempted to get into the habit myself.

If you're in IA, you'll hav eto get a hold of my lady who goes by the handle of MissHawthorne here on the lounge. She's trying to get me out of the house more, and we're always looking for vintage people with whom we might be social.

Templeton is just darn near impossible to find, isn't it? Too bad, it's supposed to be great stuff.

I can count myself lucky for one thing, living here, then. I can go down to the local Beverages and More and just grab one off the shelf. Wow! You really do live in Iowa. :p

I am sure he could find someone to make the rest. :p I could. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn