Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"fake" Borsalino Advertisment graphic

Sinatra

Familiar Face
Fun with Photoshop :)
Borsalino_ad.jpg

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome aboard, You are a star!

Sinatra!! Nice site. You have great talent. Do us all a favor, will ya? Activate your PM feature, or email. Great! I have to look for you...living in the East Bay, I can easily get over to the City to see you croon.

BTW, Willie is a BIG buyer of Optimo hats. Do you have one? Or more?

Sinatra

Familiar Face
Andykev said:
Sinatra!! Nice site. You have great talent. Do us all a favor, will ya? Activate your PM feature, or email. Great! I have to look for you...living in the East Bay, I can easily get over to the City to see you croon.

BTW, Willie is a BIG buyer of Optimo hats. Do you have one? Or more?

Thanks Andykev,

I have the box checked in the user cp that says to allow email... is there somewhere else I activate it?

Here is my email until I figure it out :)
rick@sinatra.bz

Yes I do have a Borsalino, the picture in my fake ad is it. I bought it new at Harrods in London. It is my nicest hat and I probably paid too much for it... $200 U.S. But I put it on and just coudn't take it off :)

riccardo

Practically Family
Frank Sinatra,an italian guy.

Hi to all,
Frank was born in Sicilia,in a country called Palagonia in the district of Catania.
My friend's mother is a cusin of him.
I could sell to you some my friend's pics, so you could show it to your friends.
Anyone interessed on it?

:) Riccardo.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Hi, Sinatra -- Enjoying your graphics and just visited your site to listen to you sing. At first I thought, nah! -- that's really Frank.

You sound great, a lot better than Harry Connick Jr. does when he does Sinatra stuff (I assume he is not impersonating, just imitating).

Do you ever tour with your show?

karol

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
riccardo said:
Hi to all,
Frank was born in Sicilia,in a country called Palagonia in the district of Catania.
My friend's mother is a cusin of him.
I could sell to you some my friend's pics, so you could show it to your friends.
Anyone interessed on it?

:) Riccardo.

Uh...what?? Is that another name for Hoboken, New Jersey?

You definitely do have Sinatra down.
Wasn't he one of the singers that first looked at the lyrics before he tried to sing the song? His reasoning was that he could get the cadence and emotion across if he could get the feeling of lyrics first?
I think you found a way to do the same thing. :cheers1:

Regards,

J

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
I know you weren't speaking to me, JP. Hope I don't offend by answering. FS knew the song inside and out before putting it out for all to hear. Many of those songs were his life in one respect or another. They may have been written for someone else and a for a different time (depending on the number, of course), but somehow, they were all written for him. Credit is due FS, as careful selection was always made, to my knowledge. And he was a real stickler, to boot. If you have opportunity to listen to the cd that comes with the Sinatra Treasures big hardcover book, he is on there saying how important it is to be totally satisfied (I am paraphrasing here) with the take, because once that record is out there, and it's bad, "...[that's YOU. Of course if it's good, it's also you.]"

No problem. I am glad you responded. Otherwise I would be wondering if I got the right singer. His choice of songs shows. He can understand the song as if he had written it--you are right.
As an aside, I had a friend who used to be a back up instrumentalist---yeah I know but he liked that term. ;) Anyway, he would do studio work for artists of the day. His least favorite person to do back up for? Elvis. His best? Dean Martin. The reasons. Elvis was a perfectionist. He wanted everything done right the first time. He came in recorded the song and he was gone.
Dean was different. He came in screwed up the song a few times, told jokes had a few drinks and a five minute song could take two hours to record with him. Here's to you Dean. :cheers1: I understand Sinatra was more in the Elvis vein of recording but my friend never did any word for Sinatra. Oh well. :cry:

Regards,

J

driven_247

New in Town
Sinatra... do you every perform in Vegas or can you recommend a good Sinatra/Rat Pack show?

I've found some advertisements online, but wasn't sure if they were good shows or not.

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
As an aside, I had a friend who used to be a back up instrumentalist---yeah I know but he liked that term. ;) Anyway, he would do studio work for artists of the day. His least favorite person to do back up for? Elvis....Elvis was a perfectionist. He wanted everything done right the first time.

A good friend of mine, a drummer, once backed Chuck Berry in a concert. A total tyrant, I guess. It was his way or the highway. It's neat history, though.

Cab

Sinatra

Familiar Face
Some answers and comments

Thanks everyone for the posts, here are some answers, hope I got to them all:

Q.jpg
from Riccardo:

Frank was born in Sicilia,in a country called Palagonia in the district of Catania. My friend's mother is a cusin of him.
Anyone interessed on it?

A:
Hello Riccardo, are these pictures of Sinatra? If so, I would love to learn more.

Q.jpg
from vespasian:

Hey Sinatra, like your avatar hat. What is it?

A:
The hat I am wearing in my avatar is definatly my favorite! This Dobbs Fifth Avenue was signed by Nancy Sinatra at her Mystic Theatre performance 11-6-2004. I was wearing this hat in the front row that night and Nancy called out from the stage "Hey, nice hat!"
I have no idea what year it was made (I bought it in a thrift shop in 1979) or even the model... if anyone has more info I would love to hear it.
Hat_Nancy_Sinatra.jpg

Q.jpg
from K.D. Lightner:

You sound great, a lot better than Harry Connick Jr. does when he does Sinatra stuff (I assume he is not impersonating, just imitating).
Do you ever tour with your show?

A:
Thanks for the compliment Karol :)
So far all my singing jobs are private partys, corporate events etc...
I do hope to travel doing this someday.

Q.jpg
from jamespowers:

You definitely do have Sinatra down.
Wasn't he one of the singers that first looked at the lyrics before he tried to sing the song? His reasoning was that he could get the cadence and emotion across if he could get the feeling of lyrics first?

A:
Yes jamespowers, I believe you are right. Sinatra was a storyteller. That is why it seems that he is actually living the story in the lyric. Also, what Cabinetman said, that he chose songs that he believed in, that he related to.

Q.jpg
from driven_247:

Sinatra... do you every perform in Vegas or can you recommend a good Sinatra/Rat Pack show?
I've found some advertisements online, but wasn't sure if they were good shows or not.

A:
Hey driven, I have never performed in Vegas, all my jobs have been in California so far. However, I would love to someday!
As far as good Sinatra/Rat Pack shows... there was a super fun one playing here in San Francisco called "The Tribute" produced by Sandy Hackett, Buddy Hackett's son. I think it may be playing in Vegas. Here is a link http://www.ratpackvegas.com/
I enjoyed that show tremendously, they really captured the spirit of the Rat Pack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again everyone for all the posts, I am having a great time here at the Fedora Lounge. Nice to meet a community of like minded folks.
Feel free to use any graphics I make for the lounge :cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn