Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"fake" Borsalino Advertisment graphic

Fedorista

Familiar Face
riccardo said:
Hi to all,
Frank was born in Sicilia,in a country called Palagonia in the district of Catania.
My friend's mother is a cusin of him.
I could sell to you some my friend's pics, so you could show it to your friends.
Anyone interessed on it?

:) Riccardo.

The city of Hoboken, New Jersey, USA also lays claim as Sinatra's birthplace. I've always heard that he was born in Hoboken.

There is a copy of his birth certificate at www.sinatrafamily.com if you're interested.

Riguardi a tutti!

Sinatra

Familiar Face
Fedorista said:
The city of Hoboken, New Jersey, USA also lays claim as Sinatra's birthplace. I've always heard that he was born in Hoboken.

There is a copy of his birth certificate at www.sinatrafamily.com if you're interested.

Riguardi a tutti!

hmmm interesting :)
I just found the following info while searching Google to see if there was something to this birthplace mystery:

"1915 Frank Sinatra, Vocals, b. Hoboken, NJ, USA. d. May 14, 1998, Los Angeles, CA, USA (Heart Attack). né: Frank Sinestro (his grandfather's name). In 1945, his mother had his birth certificate altered to Francis A. (for Albert) Sinatra Americanizing his name."

If this is true... I mean, if Frank's mom had the power to "alter" a name on a birth certificate, could she not also have had the power to obtain a false certificate altogether? Just a thought :)

By the way, Riccardo's comment that Frank was born in Sicilia is the first time I have ever heard that said. I love a good mystery!

Fedorista

Familiar Face
The Sinatra site also says that:

Frank was named for Frank Garrick, a family friend.

A bureaucrat screwed up his birth certificate by using Sinestro instead of Sinatra and having his father's birthplace as the USA instead of Italy.

Sinatra

Familiar Face
Sinestro

So I was thinking "Sinestro, what a cool name!"
I google/image and find this:

SINESTRO.gif

"A renegade from the Green Lantern Corps,
Sinestro pits his yellow power ring against
that of his arch foe, Green Lantern."

cool_hat.gif

:cool:

Forum statistics