Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Melons

Edward

Bartender
Doh! said:
Hate collagen injections, too...

Wasn't it Joan Rivers who said:

"So I had collagen treatment done on my lips. What they do is they take the fat out of your butt and inject it into your mouth - so I'm now literally talking to you out of my own ass."

(Or something along those lines).

I love that gag.

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
GoldLeaf said:
LadyDeWinter - I am glad that you didn't feel that way. Perhaps the clothes are also cut to reflect our culture's preference for larger busted women? I wonder if it is a difference between our countries? Or, perhaps, it was just that I was very self conscious, and saw things that weren't there. Always a possibility :)
D

GoldLeaf, yes I think I never had these problems with my body but with my soul. I too felt so bad when I was young. I thought I was the most stupid person in the world and everybody would notice it. But I have been working on it too, it is a hard way. So I now exactly how you felt.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Over the last three years, my chest size has fluctuated a lot -- full A, growth spurt to small B, Birth Control to C, back to B, lose weight to A, and back to a small B. I've never received anything but compliments from anyone (male or female), regardless of my chest size.

The bigger boobs didn't really work for me, honestly. Since they were Pill-induced, they were always sore. I didn't look out of proportion since I gained some weight on my hips at the same time, but I'm not one to sacrifice comfort for curves. I'm naturally very thin, and I'm blessed with a well-balanced figure.

Maintaining good posture makes anyone look healthy and confident.

BigLittleTim

Familiar Face
LadyDeWinter said:
I too felt so bad when I was young. I thought I was the most stupid person in the world and everybody would notice it. But I have been working on it too, it is a hard way.

From Gore Vidal:

At a very early age I decided that what I thought of others was a good deal more important than what they thought of me. Somebody has to keep score and I decided I was going to do it.

LadyDeWinter,

I'm glad you're working on what is a common personal problem in our society. We are encouraged to think we're not good enough. A person with no self-esteem has very little... sales resistance. There will always be someone who'll tell you that if you only own this; wear that; use something else, you'll at last "belong".

I've always loved the quote by G.V., above. Not that we should be mean and JUDGE others, but rather realize that when we encounter an intolerant or arrogant person who puts us down, instead of feeling inferior we should rather trust our own judgement of THEM and say "I'm an honourable and good person. The problem is with you, my friend, not me." ;)

We're all gonna get there if we try.

-BigLittleTim

ldmax

Familiar Face
Doh! said:
There's nothing wrong with a slim build; see Natalie Portman or Alyson Hannigan.

Ms. Hannigan is my favorite celebrity. Never on any of the "most sexy" lists, but she is beautiful, intelligent, confident, and unpretentious. She has been branded a geek by some in the media. Give me a geek any day!

LD

pigeon toe

One Too Many
cemetarian said:
Amen, sister!...........my hair goes from long to short to long to short..........if you catch the slide show you'll see me every two years one or the other.......if it's long I want it short, if it's short I want it long.............LOL.........in my case I'm just impossible to please......but back to the bust issue..

I didn't mean to sound patronizing.............it's probably a generational gap thing........my generation was literally raised to please men, find a husband, raise a family and die of old age in the homes of our grandchildren........LOL

It took us a lot of work and awareness training to get past that original concept......and a lot of bra burning............LOL

I actually had a young woman ask me a few years ago what all the "bra burning" was about...........and in all seriousness she asked "Why did you want to burn a good bra?"...............the symbolism was completely lost on her...........and I find that same thing dealing with some young people today..........they really don't understand how far we have come and how easy it would be to backslide into the old ways.........

Now before anyone jumps down my throat.......I am a firm believer in choice. If a woman's choice is to devote herself to home and family then that is what she should do.......but if that is NOT her choice it should NOT be forced upon her......the same thing holds true for large or small breasts...........whatever trips your trigger.............NOT what trips the trigger of the man in your life.......(and I realize that some may see that patronizing and I don't mean it that way...it's just a generalization and simply my opinion)...........

OK off my little soap box for the day. And again I'm sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes...........allow an old lady some leeway..........LOL.........

You are very cool. :)

Doh!

One Too Many
ldmax said:
Ms. Hannigan is my favorite celebrity. Never on any of the "most sexy" lists, but she is beautiful, intelligent, confident, and unpretentious. She has been branded a geek by some in the media. Give me a geek any day!

LD

She'll always be Willow to me; nothing wrong with geek love!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
LadyDeWinter said:
GoldLeaf, yes I think I never had these problems with my body but with my soul. I too felt so bad when I was young. I thought I was the most stupid person in the world and everybody would notice it. But I have been working on it too, it is a hard way. So I now exactly how you felt.

Dear LadydW. Stupidity doesn't sit there.:)
On the other hand, stupidity is when you desperately wants to change your body in order to be more interesting. You should be very happy with both you intellect and your looks. Both are great.

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Spitfire said:
Dear LadydW. Stupidity doesn't sit there.:)
On the other hand, stupidity is when you desperately wants to change your body in order to be more interesting. You should be very happy with both you intellect and your looks. Both are great.

Thank you, Spitfire :eek: :eek: :eek:

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The only good thing

about gaining 60 pounds, is that at last I have something up front!
I was 30" on a cold day when I was thin. I wouldn't say that I ever got to the point of wanting to surgically correct (since I have never had any money to speak of) but if a fairy godmother could wave a wand and make me a B-cup, I would have been delighted!
So it is entirely up to the individual.
But yes, those fake round ones are icky! And the Grand Canyon in between!

Moodle

New in Town
The thing that fascinates me about truly fake-looking implants is that, in some cases, the obvious artificiality has to be a deliberate decision. Take the patron saints of this thread, Posh Spice and Jordan--both of them have wildly unreal-looking chests, and undoubtedly have the money to get them redone to look more natural, yet they don't. It makes me wonder if the next evolution (devolution?) of boob jobs is to make the result a combination of flaunting one's sexuality *plus* one's wealth--not only are they showing off their chests, but they're showing off that they paid for them.

Obviously, I doubt this is going to turn into a universal trend. But I have seen enough fake breasts that seem to be going out of their way to look fake to wonder if, for some women, that's actually the look they intended to go for.

eightbore

Suspended
Moodle said:
It makes me wonder if the next evolution (devolution?) of boob jobs is to make the result a combination of flaunting one's sexuality *plus* one's wealth--not only are they showing off their chests, but they're showing off that they paid for them.

Breasts, the "Veblen Good" of the 21st century. You are absolutely right! If they look too natural, then there is no economic status to be found in them. Conspicuous consumption has reached a point where we are willing to physically alienate ourselves from ourselves in order to gain social status. Veblen and Marx would have a field day!

eightbore

ShortClara

One Too Many
eightbore said:
Breasts, the "Veblen Good" of the 21st century. You are absolutely right! If they look too natural, then there is no economic status to be found in them. Conspicuous consumption has reached a point where we are willing to physically alienate ourselves from ourselves in order to gain social status. Veblen and Marx would have a field day!

eightbore

Yes, indeed. The sad part is even with the social status and the wealth these women have, they are still insecure enough to have to wear it like a sign in front of them all the time. It's both the reason they are famous and the painful reminder that they had no real ability with which to gain notice in the first place. It's rather sad really - but maybe they laugh all the way to the bank!

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
Miss Roulette said:
Mind you, often women with naturally larger breasts (especially on smaller frames) have terrible posture and hunched sholders- a lot of the time due to years of trying to make their breasts look smaller and not draw attention to them.

I find that to be a big problem. Nothing was worse than growing up and looking out of place with my classmates. I was always very tall ( I am 5'11 now) and looking more mature than the other girls. So I always slumped to try and fit in.

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
PolkaDotMeggie said:
I find that to be a big problem. Nothing was worse than growing up and looking out of place with my classmates. I was always very tall ( I am 5'11 now) and looking more mature than the other girls. So I always slumped to try and fit in.

I'm sorry to hear that! I was given such a hard time about my height that I decided it was something to be proud of, so I stood tall and wore heels :) It was a great way to weed out guys. If they weren't self confidant enough to date a tall girl, then they weren't worth my time. I actually got turned down when I asked a guy out because I was "too tall" and "threatened his masculinity." :eek: lol Ah well, at least he could admit it, and didn't waste my time!

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
GoldLeaf said:
I'm sorry to hear that! I was given such a hard time about my height that I decided it was something to be proud of, so I stood tall and wore heels :) It was a great way to weed out guys. If they weren't self confidant enough to date a tall girl, then they weren't worth my time. I actually got turned down when I asked a guy out because I was "too tall" and "threatened his masculinity." :eek: lol Ah well, at least he could admit it, and didn't waste my time!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Stormy

A-List Customer
I must admit, I love my big ol' boobies :) I always have and always will. After having 3 children, I still don't need a lift. But, when that time comes, I will decide what's best for me.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I must admit, I love my big ol' boobies :) I always have and always will. After having 3 children, I still don't need a lift. But, when that time comes, I will decide what's best for me.

I had gained weight about seven years ago and went up a full size to a D. I hated the way it felt and looked (on me). When I lost weight I shed a size and it seemed to take some years off of me. Like you said, it's an individual thing as it should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24