Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite bash or crease

Favorite bash

• Total voters

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
My favorite crease is my own version of a diamond/c-crown/teardrop hybrid that has evolved over the years. I wear this on all my straight-crowned, wide-brimmed fedoras, e.g., my Stetson Whippet.

But, IMHO each hat has its own "ideal" crease, depending on the shape of the crown, width of the brim, etc. I have several late 50's era hats with tapered crowns and stingy brims that beg for a center dent. A diamond or c-crown just doesn't look right on them.

Function is also an important factor in the crease I choose for any particular hat. I wear a Montana peak in my spring and fall "field hat;" It sheds the sleet and wet snow better than any other crease.

Stan

A-List Customer
I wanna vote twice as well!

Hi,

Well, so far, I'm the lone vote for the Cattleman's crease. I also like the simple center crease with a front pinch but that one isn't on the list. If I could vote twice, I'd also vote for 'other' so as to include this one. Oh, well.

My two best Fedoras have center creases with a front pinch. That said, I also have a couple Diamond, one Centerdent and one C-crown.

Most of my (admittedly small) collection of hats are Stetson Open Roads or other brands on the OR-Style, though. All those have the Cattleman's crease. I even re-worked one Stetson OR that came with a C-crown and front pinch back into it's original Callteman's crease. :D

Later!

Stan

Rider

Familiar Face
I prefer a diamond crease. I find it very pleasing. My second choice is a tear drop. I'm not much for center dents.

Hoss & da Posse

One of the Regulars
Torpedo said:
BTW, I would say what differences teardrop from c-crown is that the former has a dome, and the latter a hollow?

Daniel

I, too, thought c-crowns and teardrops were the same...do we have a consensus that Torpedo is correct in his explanation? Not to put him on the spot, I would just like to know for my own edification..thanks, Hoss

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
My favorites are a Montana Peak and an Oreanna (but I voted for a C Crown).

Carter, are you able to post pictures of these two creases, please? Pardon my ignorance, but I've never heard of either.

Originally Posted by Torpedo
BTW, I would say what differences teardrop from c-crown is that the former has a dome, and the latter a hollow?

I'm with you, Hoss. I'd like to know too.

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Montana Peak: Think 'Campaign Hat', as in: Drill Instructor, State Trooper, Smokey the Bear. ;)

I also do not know the Oreanna.....

Hey! I see where there are now *two* votes for the Cattleman's Crease! All Right! Now we're cookin'! lol

Later!

Stan

carter

I'll Lock Up
Bob, These photos are an Oreanna bash in an old Open Road. Two dents in front and a mule kick in the rear.

2139785811_b1c3af63ba_m.jpg
2139785517_12469394ec_m.jpg
2140570144_e1054fef55_m.jpg
2139787125_2fd3205078_m.jpg
2140568006_7fbd0af150_m.jpg

A Montana Peak in a modern Resistol 15XXX Beaver. This is considerably taller than a military campaign cover (hat).
2139762959_bd6d5360b7_m.jpg
2140547472_7fcf26a255_m.jpg
2140546360_4719c4d8a9_m.jpg
2140546022_bafebd7ed5_m.jpg

BobC said:
Carter, are you able to post pictures of these two creases, please? Pardon my ignorance, but I've never heard of either.

BobC

Thank you, Carter. I'm sure that I've seen bashes in western movies similar to the Oreanna. And the Montana I'm certain I've seen...my brother has a friend that is a state police officer (or was it some other occasion lol lol?) I didn't know it was called a Montana though. Thanks, I'm more hat educated today with your help.

BobC

indycop said:
Kevin Costner's hat in Open Range had the two dents and a mule kick in it.;)

Yep, you're right. That's where I saw it. I knew I'd seen it in a western.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou