Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite sidekick

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Now that we are on Fav Gumheels how about there great side kicks.

I like EE Clive as Tennie in Bulldog Drummond He always has a gun or something usefull
bdog.jpg

Nora Charles
myrna2.jpg

and Tommy/Jimmy Chan (depending on what movie)
jimmy.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
"Goldie" Locke from the "Falcon" series is great.
Rocky Custer's wife, "Butch" (played by the lovely Virginia Grey) in "Grand Central Murder"
Doc Savage's aides and cousin.
I'm sure I'm forgetting some favorites but there's a start.

The Wolf

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Originally Posted by Mycroft
Originally Posted by jake_fink
I wondered what happened to Timothy Dalton.

Movie star to tv sidekick... :kick:

I don't follow. I heard he is doing theater. How about from James Bond to no one

Now I don't follow. I haven't heard anything about Timothy Hutton in ages, then his name pops up here on the board because he is apparently working as a sidekick on a tv show I've never seen, but he used to be a movie star... why is that difficult to understand? If you heard he was doing theatre, then hurray for you... I didn't.

And when did he play James Bond... and what has James Bond got to do with anything? What are you talking about?

Who cares.

:hamburger

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
None of my girl detectives have side-kicks. They have friends, pets and extended families, but no side-kick. Most sidekicks I recall, those who were funny and sometimes innefficient, I viewed as PIAs, but some were cool.

Well, let's see, my favorite sidekick was Tonto, but the Lone Ranger was hardly a detective.

And Yukon King (a dog) was the sidekick of Sgt. Preston of the Yukon, again a law enforcement figure.

I liked the Avengers well enough, but Emma Peel and Steed were partners, so neither was a sidekick. Nor were they detectives, if I recall.

Can't think of a darned thing. Maybe something will come to me as I peruse the responses,

karol

Mycroft

One Too Many
jake_fink said:
Now I don't follow. I haven't heard anything about Timothy Hutton in ages, then his name pops up here on the board because he is apparently working as a sidekick on a tv show I've never seen, but he used to be a movie star... why is that difficult to understand? If you heard he was doing theatre, then hurray for you... I didn't.

And when did he play James Bond... and what has James Bond got to do with anything? What are you talking about?

Who cares.

:hamburger

Oh, Timothy Hutton, he is a co-owner of a big resterant in NYC. Also, he is on stage in NYC, I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80