Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Fever

suitedcboy

One Too Many
DC3 said:
I have recently done extensive research (at least 5 minutes online playing backgammon) and found that once the dependant disease, known as "haterria lidtosis" has presented itself, the subject will have it for the rest of their lives in one form or another. I first realized I had aquired it in the form of "haterria lidtosis westus" watching the lone longer. Later watching Superman in the guise of mild mannered reporter Clark Kent, the disease mutated to "haterria lidtosis fedoriahsis" This is a rather virulent strain only controlled by purchasing new hats from time to time.
No cure has ever been found as there is absolutely no interest in finding one.

Actually research has been severely hindered by lack of funds. Every time a researcher gets any funds Ebay listings increase and the purchases of fine vintage felt draw that researcher into the disease.

billysmom

One Too Many
In the last six months have you purchased more that three hats in one week?

Has this happened more than once?

Have you tried to go a month without purchasing a hat and failed?

Do you break down the shipping boxes and hide them from your family?

There may be a problem ....

Sue

On days when I don't leave the house, I sometimes stand by my hat tree or in my closet and just put on and take off hats for a few minutes. Just so I can feel one on my head.

I'm OK, though...

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Maybe we need to form a chapter of Fedoras Anonymous. "Hi I'm Mike and I'm a Fedora Addict..."

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I don't have a problem. I don't know why my friends, coworkers and family members are all saying horrible things about me and a few hats.... what? this felt here? what's wrong with stroking an inanimate piece of felt??? No, I'm not on ebay! Now what's wrong with Etsy!!!???

I don't have a problem. I don't know why my friends, coworkers and family members are all saying horrible things about me and a few hats.... what? this felt here? what's wrong with stroking an inanimate piece of felt??? No, I'm not on ebay! Now what's wrong with Etsy!!!???
:) I say these things. Under my breath, to myself. Out of earshot of my wife!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've got two coming in next week, a felt and a straw, both custom jobs. It's probably a good thing I'm a size 63 and therefore can't find anything on ebay or Etsy. I guess I'm slowly getting there: I started out with one six years ago and am now up to about eighteen. God knows what I'd have if I could access those sites.

My version of a methadone program for hat addiction.........running out of room to store, types to collect and funds to underwrite I have chosen a number of hats to be sent to Mike at NW Hats for new ribbons or a reflange. This way I get a similar thrill to receiving a new hat without the full expense, without the worry of where to store the damn thing and not having to explain the why of a new hat.

I've got two coming in next week, a felt and a straw, both custom jobs. It's probably a good thing I'm a size 63 and therefore can't find anything on ebay or Etsy. I guess I'm slowly getting there: I started out with one six years ago and am now up to about eighteen. God knows what I'd have if I could access those sites.

ME, too, Bob. I've always believed it was all in "The big plan" for some of us to have collection-limiting sized heads. How many would I have if I was a 7?!

And as for the budget, I established a small hat fund to be always ready for something unexpected. It's come in handy quite a few times.

My version of a methadone program for hat addiction.........running out of room to store, types to collect and funds to underwrite I have chosen a number of hats to be sent to Mike at NW Hats for new ribbons or a reflange. This way I get a similar thrill to receiving a new hat without the full expense, without the worry of where to store the damn thing and not having to explain the why of a new hat.

I get the same thrill out of rebuilding a hat myself.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

walken.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21