Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora hats are rarely sexy - or so does she think...

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just another womans opinion. Notice the underlying theme is whether or not women like men's Fedoras. Typical female mentality, it's all about me. Well guess what darlin', my hat is about me not about you.

If you want, we could stack up some couch cushions and make a fort. That would keep 'em all out!

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
I started wearing fedoras in the first place to tone DOWN my sexiness, as it was at uncomfortably high levels. This is also the reason I grew a beard and put on an extra couple of pounds. It's made my life much more manageable. I can finally get some work done. Frank

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I started wearing fedoras in the first place to tone DOWN my sexiness, as it was at uncomfortably high levels. This is also the reason I grew a beard and put on an extra couple of pounds. It's made my life much more manageable. I can finally get some work done. Frank

:D:D: :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

VitaminG

One of the Regulars

nice work, Frank. I believe you're a 63? So if you ever feel the need to bring the Sexy back, keep me in mind as you offoad your hats, alright? :)

RP McMurphy

One of the Regulars
Wow.

Well, the author certainly hasn't a clue WHAT sex appeal is in the first place. Look at some of the most successful "ladies men" out there: confidence always trumps looks. Having the confidence to wear "your grandfather's clothes" shows people how shallow their judgement can be.

Besides, it's like what I say about a white dress shirt: every man should own one. Will it look good on you? Probably. But it will look even better on your girlfriend/boyfriend/partner/etc..

:D

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Wow.

Well, the author certainly hasn't a clue WHAT sex appeal is in the first place. Look at some of the most successful "ladies men" out there: confidence always trumps looks. Having the confidence to wear "your grandfather's clothes" shows people how shallow their judgement can be.
What succeeds better than confidence? The look of confidence, when you're dealing with people with shallow judgment.

They have a very narrowly defined idea of that look in a man.
It is always iconic and simple. banker. soldier. biker. craftsman. artist. athlete. geek. preppy. scruffy. hardcore.
It is never eccentric. It never looks to any kind of personal style.
It reassures shallow people - notably, shallow women - that you are about something bigger than yourself, but still understandable to their shallow minds. In other words, a category.

(Remember, to the shallow, nothing is shallower than individuality. They don't Get It. They just see someone self-centered and socially irrelevant.)

Whether it's true or not, they're looking for that kind of reassurance.
The categorical man is a known quantity. Socially relevant. He is not just male, he embodies manliness.
At the very worst, he's a textbook badboy a woman can fantasize about and feel submissive to, then dump and feel empowered. At best, he promises to be the perfect provider-protector-lover.
Having a categorical look makes a shallow woman feel confident in a man, and that's what she usually means by a "confident man."

Last edited:

Sam Craig

One Too Many
This is the problem with electronic media
This gal is just trying to be controversial ... she has no accountability to her audience ... so she tries to seem cutting.
What makes her think we wear hats to be "sexy" in the first place?
And what is wrong with Ed Norton?
Any idea what he'd make in today's economy?
Or what that real estate would be worth on today's market?
Norton, You are a mental case!

Same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran