Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Went for the first Morel mushroom hunt of the spring.

32988852893_c96fb604d0_o.jpg

Worn a Pendleton wooly.

33761308446_fefe12208a_o.jpg

Found a few, but it's still pretty early.

32988860733_977d529544_z.jpg

Can you spot the small Morel in this pic? (click to embiggen).

32988857013_b87dc39b83_o.jpg

It's difficult. Especially with old eyes that have been strained by looking at hat pics on the inter webs.

32988851453_d105b1cb5c_o.png

I could tell that this was not a mushroom. I think it is a Great Plains Rat Snake (but looks pretty similar to a Missasauga Rattlesnake -- although those are usually north of here).

32958727624_31a7a8a2d3_z.jpg

Not quite a Morel.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Went for the first Morel mushroom hunt of the spring.

32988852893_c96fb604d0_o.jpg

Worn a Pendleton wooly.

33761308446_fefe12208a_o.jpg

Found a few, but it's still pretty early.

32988860733_977d529544_z.jpg

Can you spot the small Morel in this pic? (click to embiggen).

32988857013_b87dc39b83_o.jpg

It's difficult. Especially with old eyes that have been strained by looking at hat pics on the inter webs.

32988851453_d105b1cb5c_o.png

I could tell that this was not a mushroom. I think it is a Great Plains Rat Snake (but looks pretty similar to a Missasauga Rattlesnake -- although those are usually north of here).

32958727624_31a7a8a2d3_z.jpg

Not quite a Morel.

Rattle snake !!!????

F#%* that bro....

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to God's country Roger. Do you have any green in Texas? We have plenty to go around.

No green Red. No natural green anyways. Its an endless battle to keep a yard nice. We love it up here. There's so much to do. Trees, waterfalls, hiking. It's so hard to go home. Thank God for the grandkids or we might vanish. Forever lost in the great Northwest!

Where did you go? Your wife is beautiful, Roger. You look right at home!

I'll thank you for her. If she finds out I posted her picture she'll kill me.:)

We went to Snoqualmie Falls.

She wants to see Mt. Rainier so bad but it's been clouded over. We drove nearly all the way to one of the park entrances but we still couldn't see anything.
There's still a lot of snow up there in places and up on the mountains that we could see.

Rattle snake !!!????

F#%* that bro....

I used to run into rattlesnakes all the time when I was growing up. We lived out in the boonies and you always had to be alert. Tarantulas too. I used to screw with them and make them mad so they'd stand up on their rear legs.

I ran into a rattlesnake once and threw rocks at him until he hid in a mesquite bush. Every time he stopped rattling I'd throw another rock at him so he'd start back up... just because.

Ahhhhh youth.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I used to run into rattlesnakes all the time when I was growing up. We lived out in the boonies and you always had to be alert. Tarantulas too. I used to screw with them and make them mad so they'd stand up on their rear legs.

I ran into a rattlesnake once and threw rocks at him until he hid in a mesquite bush. Every time he stopped rattling I'd throw another rock at him so he'd start back up... just because.

Ahhhhh youth.

F%#* that bro
I'm from Jersey ... we don't f%#* with rattlers or tarantulas
and if they were here I would move ... no joke

On tour once in Arizona we got the rare hotel room one night to get a break from sleeping in the van ... I had been sleeping on the van floor for 2 months at that point ... just wanted a bed and a shower

The guy at the hotel desk said to us .... when you get in the room pull the blankets and sheets all the way off the bed before you get in and when you wake up in the morning shake out your shoes before you put them on

I asked why

He responded... scorpions

Needless to say I slept in the van

F#%* all of that s#!+ bro

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
F%#* that bro

On tour once in Arizona we got the rare hotel room one night to get a break from sleeping in the van ... I had been sleeping on the van floor for 2 months at that point ... just wanted a bed and a shower

The guy at the hotel desk said to us .... when you get in the room pull the blankets and sheets all the way off the bed before you get in and when you wake up in the morning shake out your shoes before you put them on

I asked why

I was in the south Pacific for a couple years, on a coral island called Niue Island. Before I went I read up on all kinds of things and was glad to hear there were no poisonous snakes, spiders, etc.

Well, I'd been there about 20 months when, after working outside the church there, I went into the back room to change into a clean shirt that I had hanging on a nail on the back of the door... and I happened to see this big brown insect right there on the collar of my shirt.

I asked a local kid, in the local language, Ko e ha e mena ia??? What's that??? He used a word I had never heard before. I had to go look it up in a little dictionary kids use for school over there. Akalava..... scorpion? Ai fai akalava i Niue! There are no scorpions on Niue! With a straight face, and great sincerity, the young man said, Yes, there are scorpions here. Look, there's one right there on your shirt! LOL!!!

I forget who threw my shirt on the floor and then stomped on the scorpion. I don't think it was me, but it could have been. Here I thought I knew everything about the island because I read all about it before I traveled there. Wrong-o!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I was in the south Pacific for a couple years, on a coral island called Niue Island. Before I went I read up on all kinds of things and was glad to hear there were no poisonous snakes, spiders, etc.

Well, I'd been there about 20 months when, after working outside the church there, I went into the back room to change into a clean shirt that I had hanging on a nail on the back of the door... and I happened to see this big brown insect right there on the collar of my shirt.

I asked a local kid, in the local language, Ko e ha e mena ia??? What's that??? He used a word I had never heard before. I had to go look it up in a little dictionary kids use for school over there. Akalava..... scorpion? Ai fai akalava i Niue! There are no scorpions on Niue! With a straight face, and great sincerity, the young man said, Yes, there are scorpions here. Look, there's one right there on your shirt! LOL!!!

I forget who threw my shirt on the floor and then stomped on the scorpion. I don't think it was me, but it could have been. Here I thought I knew everything about the island because I read all about it before I traveled there. Wrong-o!
I could never kill a scorpion ... or a snake or tarantula for that matter ... so my plan is to avoid confrontation

Rogera

F%#* that bro

I asked why

Yep. There were mornings when I'd get up and go to get in the shower and there'd be a scorpion or centipede in the bath tub.

Oh yeah, did I mention bobcats? My neighbors keeps a lot of hens and chickens and they caught several bobcats trying to make them lunch.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I've had a fear of big nasty spiders my entire life .... when I lived in Los Angeles my sister bought me a pet tarantula to help me get over my fear

He was cool ... his name was Nunzio .... I fed him crickets ...he had a purple velvety abdomen and huge black fangs ... I never touched him

When I moved from LA to Boston I gave him to a local pet store

It did not help my phobia

Rogera

Snoqualmie Falls. Very nice. We hiked up around Rattlesnake Mt one sunny day. It really is gorgeous up that way. Still kind of early in the year for Mt Rainier.

After we got married, I took MrsFed up to Mt. Hood and Trillium lake, only to be blocked by about 4 feet of snow on the road in to the lake. This was in May.

i-gmTxfbF.jpg
You guys are so lucky to have all of this beauty at your disposal all the time.
It's priceless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot