Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras at the inaguration

just_me

Practically Family
44611063.jpg
44613137.JPG

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
One prominent senator (whose name escapes me) was wearing a Polo Ralph Lauren double-breasted suit -- grey with widely-spaced chalkstripes. A rare sight among senators these days: they tend to stick to single-breasted suits. Ted Kennedy is another double-breasted exception.

HatSoup

Familiar Face
Man, I really wish I could have attended this, My brother won tickets from Congressman Loebsack, but I had school and couldn't afford plane tickets or a good hotel, so I couldn't make it.

ortega76

Practically Family
Agreed, the chilling temps have shown the versatility and utility of the fedora. It also looks good while being a functional piece of clothing. Yes, in sub zero cold I will wear other headgear but the fedora maintains a look of presentability that other hats my not have. Perhaps this winter will inspire more men to buy and wear a fedora.

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Ande1964 said:
I wasn't sure where to post, but this seems like a good place.

Both Ted Kennedy and Muhammad Ali are sporting black fedoras.

Just saw a gentleman I didn't recognize wearing a red fedora, with matching red scarf. Pretty sharp!

Anj

Yup. I spotted both of them. Together with Ali was his wife, who was sporting a matching lady's fedora (ribbon on the right) in what looked to be a light brown. I also saw the person in the bright red fedora. Quite noticeable.

During this afternoon's inaugural parade NBC's Al Roker took off his fedora while attempting to get Mr. Obama's attention. Thought he might not be recognized with it on! :eek: [huh]

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I saw a man wearing a tan fedora on several occasions as well as a few Western hats. I like Al Roker in his hat also, he seems to enjoy wearing it.

radsag

New in Town
Daoud said:
Does anyone know the significance of the red hats worn by the African-American couple whom we are seeing regularly right now?

I do know that red Cross and other volunteers in the crowd are supposed to be wearing red hats, but I don't think that's who this couple is.......

One couple looks like Rep. Jane Hartman of Cali, she with red scarf.

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
RondoHatton said:
Could have swore there was a SS (er, Secret Service) guard wearing a black fedora. Was hoping the breeze would have blown open their topcoats to reveal a flash of subgun.

I also saw that guy during the parade and kept wondering about it. He sure looked like Secret Service to me!

just_me

Practically Family
dhermann1 said:
But Obama was wearing a dark driving cap as he walked down Pennsylvania Ave. Nearly broke my heart!
Do you have a photo of that? I swear I didn't notice him wearing a cap.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
I'm one of the many in Europe who watched the inauguration on TV, hey, this must be the very first time in history that practically all major stations showed such "American political event" (I use quotation marks because, whilst technically correct, the event transcended "the mere USA").

I was deeply moved.

Who could miss that red fedora? And the other hats... Did you see the cowboy hats? There were two standing next to each other; all one could see was the hats. Would they have been "troopers" of some kind?

Typical DC winter weather (I did my "Evening Star" sunday morning paper route and delivered each one on that "Blizzard of '66" event. Never got more tips). Gets cold in Washington. Blue sky.

I understand some of the board are a bit disgruntled at the "low quality headwear, clothes" of the attendents. Please don't be narrow-minded. I much prefer to see these folk over there "en masse" than...no one there but well-dressed gentlemen with an agenda.

Congratulations to all of you.

Paul

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
PabloElFlamenco said:
Did you see the cowboy hats? There were two standing next to each other; all one could see was the hats. Would they have been "troopers" of some kind?

I noticed this too. While I expect to see a lot of Texas republicans at their party's rallies, I wondered about all of the cowboy hats yesterday. Were these RNC members paying tribute to the outgoing president? They had pretty good seats to be random cowboy onlookers.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lefty said:
I noticed this too. While I expect to see a lot of Texas republicans at their party's rallies, I wondered about all of the cowboy hats yesterday. Were these RNC members paying tribute to the outgoing president? They had pretty good seats to be random cowboy onlookers.
I think it's a celebration of the fact that Americans can finally
wear cowboy hats again without feeling that we are giving
the impression that we support a certain Texan who was in
the White House. I certainly hesitated to wear cowboy hats
for that reason.

BTW, I thought those cowboy hats were pretty cool- hard to
come up with a more American hat for such an American event.

Still looking for a picture of the guy in the crowd who had a
striking brown fedora...

And Lefty, since I know you like to be edited, I'll remind you of
the difference between small and large "R" republicans. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran